The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I came here to post this news release and of course was beat out LOL. Anyway how do we get a second stage when I already have two perfectly good ST1's that rsingler knows intimately!!!

If they would just pair it with a hyper-compact, sealed-diaphragm, Ti, 1st then, well, I have prior interests that I might be able to liquidate a bit ...

In the mean time there are my MK11Ts to pair with if they would deign to sell TFX safe-seconds ...

If they would just pair it with a hyper-compact Ti sealed diaphragm 1st then, well, I have prior interests that I might be able to liquidate a bit ...

In the mean time there are my MK11Ts to pair with if they would deign to sell TFX safe-seconds ...

I believe that they will be selling the second stage by itself.

@rsingler

Thank you for the detailed/expert description of the improvements over previous design (D400). The second stage sounds very interesting, but unfortunately, due to materials used, it can never be used in a BOV. But hopefully one day, those ideas will make their way into other designs that are put in rebreathers.

Hi @rsingler

Your review was fantastic. I don't see the need to upgrade my MK25/S600/C370. Who really needs to upgrade to this regulator and for what reason?

Nobody. This is the McLaren of regulators. No one needs it, some will want it, and a few must have it.

@rsingler
What were the "enhancements" to the first stage? I know that they weren't substantial but I don't know what they are so far.
For the yoke version, the Knob connects to the tank valve with just one turn. An accelerated thread motion. Don't know if there are any DIN enhancements. Otherwise, first stage seems pretty close to the T3.

Back
Top Bottom