The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I expect this to be my last single tank reg and last me the rest of my dive life.

First, I wish you many more decades of healthy and prosperous life with awesome diving. Second, the TFX will be with you until the next $5000 regulator comes out. You will be traveling with the TFX as your backup/loaner set and the $5000 regulator as your main set 🤠

I thought my upgraded T1X is the last reg I'l own until they announced the TFX... :)

I get it. The thing is, all those past "latest and greatest" offered something like "better breathing". Or "light weight". But, generally not both. The T1, 2, 3 all really just offered lighter weight. They breathe the same as even the chrome-over-brass Z2.

The TFX is the first reg that has come along (in MY diving lifetime, anyway) that offers two major improvements. Lighter weight (than most - including what I'm using now) and better breathing. Getting 2 big improvements over what I currently have is why I got off my wallet.

I don't expect to ever see another reg come out that offers significant improvements in 2 areas over the TFX. I doubt they'll make anything that breathes notably better. And I REALLY doubt they'll make anything notably lighter. Ever (in my diving lifetime).

Thus, my COMPLETE confidence that the TFX will be my last single tank reg set. :D

I got off my wallet.

May Allah bless your wallet and free it from your butt and pocket!

I get it. The thing is, all those past "latest and greatest" offered something like "better breathing". Or "light weight". But, generally not both. The T1, 2, 3 all really just offered lighter weight. They breathe the same as even the chrome-over-brass Z2.

The TFX is the first reg that has come along (in MY diving lifetime, anyway) that offers two major improvements. Lighter weight (than most - including what I'm using now) and better breathing. Getting 2 big improvements over what I currently have is why I got off my wallet.

I don't expect to ever see another reg come out that offers significant improvements in 2 areas over the TFX. I doubt they'll make anything that breathes notably better. And I REALLY doubt they'll make anything notably lighter. Ever (in my diving lifetime).

Thus, my COMPLETE confidence that the TFX will be my last single tank reg set. :D
That, and titanium really holds up so, so well...

Back
Top Bottom