The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*sigh*

Any new news on these? Anybody seen one out in the wild?

I ordered mine on 7/28 and it still has not shipped.... :(

@rsingler is yours still awesome? Does it make it even more awesome knowing that nobody else has one?
I’ll be diving mine in Little Cayman from 9/23-9/30 (assuming no tropical systems impact my trip - dicey time of year for the Caribbean, but I rolled the dice!). I had hoped to get it in the pool, but have not had time.

I spoke to the Atomic regional director earlier today, he told me that the TFX is one of their most popular regulators they have ever made. They can't keep it in stock, their entire production run is sold before it arrives in their warehouse.

One TFX production run is probably more than what some other companies sell of one particular model of their regulators in a year.

I spoke to the Atomic regional director earlier today, he told me that the TFX is one of their most popular regulator they have ever made. They can't keep it in stock, their entire production run is sold before it arrives in their warehouse.

One TFX production run is probably more than what other companies sell of one particular model of their regulators.

That's a pretty bold claim, I'd be interested to know what the numbers are.

Looking forward to trying one for sure.

Looking forward to trying one for sure.
Trying one for sure, but buying one $$$.
Atomic have priced themself out of the market IMO here compared to other top brands.
PM sent Simon . :thumb:

Atomic have priced themself out of the market IMO here compared to other top brands.

How so? They have regulators that span the entire range, mid-level to astronomical. You have the Z2 which is very reasonable, the Z3, M1, B1 are all within range of other top brands. The Z2 is probably the best value among mid range regulators out there.

The Z2 is probably the best value among mid range regulators out there.
Not here.
PM sent with prices here.

I spoke to the Atomic regional director earlier today, he told me that the TFX is one of their most popular regulators they have ever made. They can't keep it in stock, their entire production run is sold before it arrives in their warehouse.

One TFX production run is probably more than what some other companies sell of one particular model of their regulators in a year.
Interesting that for what would probably be best considered an extreme enthusia$$t's regulator, the known sample of owners on SB is currently 2. Maybe production runs are actually very small ...

ETA: @BoltSnap "confusing" response is not directed at you, but at the statement by the Atomic rep. Thank you for the report!

extreme enthusia$$t
I resemble that remark!
Everyone should be diving center-balanced!
EV..ER..Y..ONE.

And now that it's easy to disassemble, and has no orifice adjustment that drops the lever, it's technician proof!

I just got my hands of a TFX and am a bit perplexed about the venturi adjustment knob on the 2nd stage. On mine it does not appear to do a full quarter turn open to close. Wide Open shows 5 squares (as expected) but when moving it as far "down" as possible, 2 white squares remain. Based on previous Atomic regs I've used the adjustment usually had a heck of a lot more play.

Can anyone confirm the travel distance between fully open and closed. Is the closed position 2 white squares?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom