The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I noticed that a couple of Atomic dealers in the United States have the standalone TFX second stage listed as available to order for $1,299.95. I'll speculate that Atomic will include the integrated Ti swivel hose for that price!
The word ludicrous pops to mind.

$1300 for a second stage, someone at Huish has obviously suffered a TBI.

The word ludicrous pops to mind.

Well, that also implies $1350 for just the first stage ...

Buying an Atomic Ti anything pretty obviously means that one ... (insert appropriate disparaging descriptive phrase of your choice) :wink:

Me: continues to wait impatiently for my Atomic Ti thing ... o_O

At these prices it seems Atomic will exhaust their potential customer base quickly. Will Atomic hold out and sell a couple of hundred units a year or switch marketing tactics and go for a larger audience? Will they continue to try to lure the "connoisseur" or lower the cost to attract guys like me who appreciate good engineering and good performance but are repelled by Atomic's greed.
It would be interesting to know what their cost is to produce a TFX second.

$1995 - a seemingly good deal on a TFX second stage with a discounted first

$1995 - a seemingly good deal on a TFX second stage with a discounted first
Interesting listing, if legitimate, though I'd still prefer photos of the actual item for sale, over images from the Atomic circular -- especially from a seller credited with only a single transaction . . .

I noticed that a couple of Atomic dealers in the United States have the standalone TFX second stage listed as available to order for $1,299.95. I'll speculate that Atomic will include the integrated Ti swivel hose for that price!

I still don't see it in my dealer portal. The complete TFX reg set? Yes. Standalone TFX 2nd stage? No.

The TFX reg set is still on back order. But, the standalone 2nd is not listed at all, that I can see.

A friend, who is in the market for that fancy, schmancy Atomic and has been on a waiting list, inquired about providing photos of the actual gear for sale on that Ebay listing.

The only response from the seller was, "How about I just send a brand new one in an unopened box straight from Atomic?"

Echoes old memories of newscasts from the 1980s of so-called "DVD Players" sold, out of the back of a truck, in Manhattan, only to be revealed as bricks or breeze blocks, when the boxes were opened . . .

A friend, who is in the market for that fancy, schmancy Atomic and has been on a waiting list, inquired about providing photos of the actual gear for sale on that Ebay listing.

The only response from the seller was, "How about I just send a brand new one in an unopened box straight from Atomic?"

Echoes old memories of newscasts from the 1980s of "DVD Players" sold, on the sly, in Manhattan, only to be revealed as bricks or breeze blocks, when the boxes were opened . . .

Echoes old memories of newscasts from the 1980s of "DVD Players" sold, on the sly, in Manhattan, only to be revealed as bricks or breeze blocks, when the boxes were opened . . .
Mehh. Ebay/Paypal/CC and you are probably safe if there is a clear material breach of description.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom