The new Poseidon X-stream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Blue One

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Got a good write up in Rodales and seems to be a good versatile reg for a tech outfit.

I am thinking of buying 2 of them for my tech rig this year. Any opinions or experiences ?

Big Blue One:
Got a good write up in Rodales and seems to be a good versatile reg for a tech outfit.

I am thinking of buying 2 of them for my tech rig this year. Any opinions or experiences ?

I have one and I love it. Very easy breathing.

Do a search and you will find lots of threads on the XStream...
BTW, if you like Poseidons, its a nice reg, and I know a couple people who are using for tech diving and are happy...

If you haven't tried a poseidon beofre they are something unique to every other kind of regulator. I would definitely recommend trying it out before you jump into one (if you can get your hands on one). I had a chance to try one out in the summer and they breath great! I don't know if you already have, but if you haven't check out the features of the first stage and the method they use to seat the HP. It is supposed to be infalliable. (They use a steel ball instead of a conventional seat). Since you said you are tek diving I would recommend staying away from the Xstream Dive version as it only adds ports and since you have two you won't need it. Also go for the regular first stage instead of the 90. They are super low profile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom