Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Yes I would join but am not interested in events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I would not join

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All.

Back again. I will have dates for a Farnes trip when I return back from Malta (fly back into UK on 20 September). welshdiver - Farnes is a particularly nice area for diving situated on the east coast up on the Northumberland/Scottish borders. It may seem a distance from you, but believe me, the effort is worth it!

Rage - price for the weekend will run at around £98 for diving and accommodation (bed and breakfast).

If numbers were more forthcoming for a trip down south we could organise something to see out the diving year. I am easy - Plymouth, Weymouth or even further to the east. Ideas to me for organisation.

welshdiver - as far as your insurance with the BSAC is concerned, you would have no problems diving away from your club environment. However, if the DO has decreed that you must inform him of your diving intentions, then it wouldn't be a big deal to show him such a courtesy.

welshdiver - as far as your insurance with the BSAC is concerned, you would have no problems diving away from your club environment. However, if the DO has decreed that you must inform him of your diving intentions, then it wouldn't be a big deal to show him such a courtesy.

Thanks - I sounded the diving officer out last weekend and he says Ocean Divers must inform him (he will most likely say yes, but apparently could refuse permission if he didn't think you were up to it. )

I think the Scottish borders is going to be way too far away from Swansea in any case I'm afraid. :(

Not to worry.

I dive Anglesey quite a lot. We can get something arranged, I am sure.

As I work shifts, my days off are all over the place and when I get a free weekend I will most likely be providing rescue cover for my LDS, as I am starting DM early next year.

But definitely interested for the rare times I am available.

Who can design a logo arund the Wreck Ferrets theme?

Dom

wish I could join you....

Is that BSAC insurance for real? If so why not take out DAN insurance for your "personal" diving?

Jonathan once bubbled...

Is that BSAC insurance for real? If so why not take out DAN insurance for your "personal" diving?
This clause only applies to Ocean Divers, I'm told...once you make Sports Diver, anything goes.

Count me in, what about Anglesea or somewhere else in the middle?

I reckon the informal club-lite approach makes sense to get things started and then see where things go.

wish I could join you....

No, Jonathan, I wish I could join YOU!!!!

Belushi once bubbled...

No, Jonathan, I wish I could join YOU!!!!

but to be honest the diving is cheaper and better in the UK other than all the facilites they have here - showers, rinse bins, drying racks...

OK the vis is generally better and the water warmer - but ye gads, the cost man!!

Give me Weymouth any day, hell give me Newhaven!!

Hey all,

Long time no speak!

I'm down in Portland on Friday (Tomorrow) and Sunday, as one of my buddies is doing DIR-F with JJ, and I want to go and offer some moral support to what may be a traumatic event... We're doing some pre-course diving on the Hood and the Countess. Not sure if I'll be diving on Sunday, we'll have to see.

I think there is a UKRS trip there this weekend, so there should be a few familiar faces.

I have a 'Misty Lilac' (not pink at all!) Citreon Picasso, Y202DCG, so if anybody sees me, pop over to say hi!

Oh, and I look like Penfold out of DangerMouse and am extremely loud, so you should have no problems spotting me...

Oh, and a bit of a Halcyon Poster Child! :wink:

See you soonish

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom