The Perfect wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milktrayman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there,

So if someone were to sink a ship/plane/train or something different... what would it be and why? What would be your idea of a great wreck ?

milktrayman:
Hi there,

So if someone were to sink a ship/plane/train or something different... what would it be and why? What would be your idea of a great wreck ?

This one will do. http://www.cocoviewresort.com/wreck.html

Accessable as a shore dive 24/7, sits in 35-65 fsw, 140' long, cleaned up and upright, right next to a DC3. Its own anchor chain connects it to the shore entry point, 300 feet away.

I am the pumpkin looking object in the center. :wink:

Ha ha... Doc, are you wearing one of the Hydro-Optic masks? Man, combine that with your patented little magnifiers and you'll be able to see the back of your head!

When are you going to get your butt over to this neck of the woods and see some proper wrecks, like those in Scapa Flow or the Red Sea? Warships, with guns, shells, more guns, ammunition, even more guns – you get the picture!

My perfect wreck – a ruddy big battleship or aircraft carrier sitting in 40m, complete with everything still in place, in 60m vis, plenty of current to promote coral growth and pelagic action, and the top of the bridge sitting in 6m so I can chill out on the top while finishing off my deco!

Mark

MarkUK:
Ha ha... Doc,
When are you going to get your butt over to this neck of the woods and see some proper wrecks, like those in Scapa Flow or the Red Sea? Warships, with guns, shells, more guns, ammunition, even more guns – you get the picture! Mark

I forgot to mention the other element of the "perfect wreck", 82* water temps. Pretty fish. You get the picture.

I found the Hydrooptix ideal for non-penetration placed wreck dives.

Back
Top Bottom