The right reg???????????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just when you think it's safe to go into the water....

Vicious, I gave you some bad info. Genesis has changed the first stage line up. Their standard first stage (Genesis 2000) is now a 'dry sealed' piston. Bottom line, a good reg but the first stage is now in the 'large' category. The second stage is still tiny, or even teeny if you prefer.

Thanks to Mike F. for the update.

Vicious1 once bubbled...
I get more and more confused with each review I come across. I am just getting into diving and have absolutly no idea on which reg/octo to buy. As goes with everyone else I don't have a ton of money to spend, but I don't want to buy junk. I have kind of narrowed it down to a few choices, but still don't know. My following choices are Dacor Eagle Pro, Scuba Pro MK 20 or Mk 25 or a Mares Abyss. I would greatly appreciate some ideas on my delemma Thanx Sid:shades:

Remember that with the alliance of DACOR/MARES all of the 1st stages are built on the inards of the MR16 or MR 12 basic design the seats are the same. Also the New Eagles 2nds came out at the same tim as the proton line so I would assume they are a very similar compt design.

Tom

Vicious, you still around? Oceanic makes the small regulator similar to the DACOR you mentioned. They also make regs for Genesis, that's why the confusion on my part. Unfortunately, the compact Oceanic CDX first stage manufactured between May,'99-Oct'02 has been recalled for safety reasons. Does not apply to Genesis. Oceanic says that they do not know what is wrong with the CDX, uh huh, right. So, how's it going, have you bought a DACOR yet?

Go ScubaPro.

Very nice regs, great breathers and no more expensive than any other top of the line reg.

Mk25/Mk16 - Great 1st stages

S600/G250(HP)/550 - Excellent Primary 2nd stage

R380/R190 - Good backup regs...I like the R380 more.

Back
Top Bottom