The Sardines have arrived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

travel girl

Reaction score
YIPEE!!
The sardines have arrived at last, better late than never. They will be all along the coast by Friday 31 July 2009. To all those people that contacted John or myself or our hot line, please take this as a general report visit sardine run updates
where you will find all the updates continually. Forgive me if I do not reply to anyone immediately I will probably be diving. LOL

Yea big up the Joubergers lol mind you coastal folks dont feel the same way but hey the great thing about being here is that it so central to all the great diving and outdoor / nature life in Southern Africa :)

Spratman I dont think the Great Whites tuck in into the sardines, they prefer more chunky things like seal pups but other sharks have a feast. Its the greatest gathering of predators there is in nature. You should try see the epsiode of the BBC series "Natures Great Events" on it, its a great insight to 'the run' and some stunning HD footage as well.

Sounds fantastic - I'm definately going to do it some day.

Anyone have any links to good underwater photos of the sardine run?

Back
Top Bottom