The Shearwater Teric Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I don’t feel like this computer is right for my diving style at the moment. I will stay tuned to any future updates because I was interested in the perdix for my future diving needs but I like watches more so the Terix seems better for now.

My only comment regarding dive watches, is that in general they are ill suited to be worn above water except for the 15 minutes before they go below water.

My mares smart is very comfortable above water. Although I don’t wear it much because I hate any jewelry. I wore it for 2 weeks or so after I first got it.

This is the first Shearwater product I will seriously consider buying soon. I only want it for rec. diving and don't wear a watch on the surface.

What sold me is the size/display - I've wanted some sort of active led/oled display for a while but the Perdix was just too big (as is the Eon) for me to consider.

I also like the crystal - my Seiko watch had one and even if I scuffed it up - usually the other surface rubbed off onto it - a little jewelers souge on a buffing wheel cleaned it right off. Glad it's AI also - that meets all my needs.
my phone has a gps so I don;t need one in the watch.

have to see one in person but the only possible drawback is it looks a little thick. Not a showstopper since so is my Suunto.

Very timely release...
I was going to order a Perdix AI but must admit after using a Petrel 2 for a couple of years I still had some reservations about its smaller size.
The Teric looks nearly perfect... if you can please make a static screen that replicates my classic Seiko Pepsi dive watch face I may never take it off :D

What it the availability? If I could get one with a yellow transmitter at the right price, I might sell one of my Perdix.

Cheers -

Interesting that it has an AMOLED screen but still has a light button? I wonder what lighting that is controlling?
View attachment 461693
What do you mean what lighting???
Cave light, of course!
Hi jleon,

The marketing company did a great job producing the Teric video. However, they took some liberties in showing the skydiving as part of demonstrating the watch functionality of the Teric.

The Teric is first and foremost a dive computer. It draws on Shearwater's heritage in technical diving to be a powerful tool for all types of diving. It also can function as a daily wear watch. There are no plans for any skydiving modes or models, and I am sorry if the video appeared misleading.

Best regards,
Tyler
Shearwater
Yeah,right! How many times have we heard this before?
P.S. Not a critic, keep......ehm....."alternating" the truth

Is there a skydiving mode or a sepparate skydiving model?

Not on Teric, but this mode and many others are "built-in" in the Garmin Descent MK1!

I like it.
Mrs Flush loves it.
Enjoy some more of my money Shearwater.
Oh well, there is plenty more where that went.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom