The Shearwater Teric Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chest strap is a complete waste of time. Besides lack of scientific publication regarding how it modifies any standard algorithm, SP does not publish the secret sauce anyway making planning unrealistic. No thanks.

I don't see the comparison to a heart rate monitor that doesn't provide anything relevant to a dive opposed to an AI transmitter that provides breathing gas tank pressure and real time sac rates.

I mean ****, if I am surprised by a group of Manta Rays that popped up unexpectedly, you bet my heart rate is going to increase, I don't need to check my dive computer to confirm that.:acclaim:

Frankly I think Shearwater made a pretty sweet Technical diving instrument. Not good enough? :cool:

When I asked advices about a technical dive computer: shearwater is highly recommanded.

Now of course I do have debate about AI transmitter or not - becarfull O-ring potential failure - watch out lost bluetooth connexion - consider that 1 transmitter = 4x SPGs

Unless scientific papers do proove that heart rate monitoring is total irrevelant and have nothing to do with it- we do agree that fitness and cardio health are needed for diving safety. Now it can be a great idea. Now im not physician and scientific but im doing a lot of training and I enjoy to know that I was 45min in 80+ HR zone or something.

Nah we always want more and you will have people buying it if a new product popup with it.

Yes. Rec mode does have access to individually change GF Lo and GF Hi through the custom setting.

Hopefully the Perdix AI will soon also allow editing of the GF values in Rec mode. I'd also like to see the ability to define an adaptive safety stop on OC TEC mode as well...

Setting the aesthetics aside, one benefit that may not be clear is the fact within dive teams it's not uncommon to have identical gear. I know with my crew we have all chose different colored wire ties or other identifying marks to keep all of our gear straight. Colored bands could help prevent a computer mix up, especially helpful if doing repetitive or diving with AI yet reading data off your buddies tx.

Customized startup photos is also a nice way to go about this. I put my name and phone number on my and my wife's computers and did the same for a few other people we dive with. This way when you power a computer up you know yep this is mine or nope I mixed it up but you know exactly who to hand it to....

As usual, Shearwater up the bar yet again.

Having said that, I will not be buying one although I love the look of it - I would be murdered if it was discovered that I had sold the Perdix.

Yes, the marketing seems strange. Offering a no nonsense product to redheaded women with green skin and guys who carry tridents. Must be those tek divers I read so much about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom