The Shores or Cove predicted conditions for Sat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaxs

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All!

Gary and I are going to try to hit the cove or Shores on Saturday around 10am or so. Anyone have any clue how viz and swells my be like on Saturday??

This will be my first dive in like 3 months! If that doesnt work out, Ill be in San Carlos Mexico the 27th- March 1st. We technically have two extra Spots in the condo and car. If anyone may be interested, let me know and I will have to ask the other guy. The condo is cheap, and will only cost $120 for the whole time.

-Jason

hah, so Saturday looks bad...dang it.

shaxs:
hah, so Saturday looks bad...dang it.

Jump on a boat......or wait, the surf may look positive by Friday.

I'm hopping on Leo Carillo for Saturday and Point Dume on Sunday.

how much does a boat trip cost? After my tip to San Carlos ($500 budget for a week) I am saving all my money to invest into a project that I think will be big...Any Venture Capitalists out there :p

shaxs:
how much does a boat trip cost? After my tip to San Carlos ($500 budget for a week) I am saving all my money to invest into a project that I think will be big...Any Venture Capitalists out there :p

The cost depends on who's chartering the boat. Before you call the LDS chartering the boat, I would call the "Boat" and ask them if their's any room. Sometimes you can save $20-$30.

Average Prices:
$38-$70 for 2 dives
$85-$100 for 3 dives around the local islands.

Look for the boats that include tank/air/food.

Here's a link to SoCal Boats, you can search the list by name or by their Location.

http://www.californiadiveboats.com/

Although there is rain in the forcast, the shores would probably be good to dive. The vis has been improving steadily. Be sure to go into the canyon since it's just a sandy dive otherwise. It's sorta flat today... check out the Scripps Pier on this live cam:

http://www.camzone.com/

p.s. check out the waves rolling into Boomers over at the La Jolla Cove... pretty BIG :)

I did all my training at the Shores, so I know how Sandy it is. We were never allowed to go into the canyon really, due to its depth. It would be cool to check it out. I think I will keep my first dive shallow as I will be using my computer for the first time and it is used.. So, want to make sure it works properly :)

The canyon starts at 60 feet. Just swim along the edge. It's not like your going to fall over into the abyss :) As you get deeper you will require a few hits of air in your BC... just get your buoyancy neutral and you'll be fine. Bring a light since it can be darker down there and you want to check out the holes with the critters. Also try to fin above the scructure LIGHTLY since a lot of people look like a failed missle launch with the plumes of dust behind them. My last dive we ran into 2 divers going the opposite direction and for a good 50 feet we had 0 feet of visibility.

Enjoy it whatever you do!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom