The term BUDDY should be PARTNER

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonka97:
The soup kitchen just paged you; are you still wasting time on your computer??:shakehead
:D

By the way, I actually have done/am doing all the things I put in there. So I am not just spitting out trash.

and another one ...

:wink:

Paco:
I just saw this thread and only read the first page then skipped to the end to post, so forgive me if someone already suggested Dive Companion. It could be used in all companion systems, like hiking, etc. Yeah, that´t it... companion. I like it. I´ll run in by a coupld of my dive buddies (woops, dive companions) and see what they think.

companion... hmmm, sounds like a dog or cat, or even a parrot. :D

mom, dad, this is my companion

(dad looks uncomfortable)

er... partner

(dad coughs)

er... mate

(mom faints)

we're going night diving together

(dad faints)

rockjock3:
By the way, I actually have done/am doing all the things I put in there. So I am not just spitting out trash.
But you have to admit that post 73 was funny, very.

ClayJar:
I know, let's just count off. Then we can say, "So, I was diving with Number 4 last week..."

This is what the collective wants. Everyone in the dive group is assigned a number. So you could "4 of 9" or "7 of 9" or whatever. Since TS&M is the queen, she must be number 1. :D

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. YOU WILL BE DIR-ASSEMILATED.

FD

"Madam Speaker, I vote we table (oh, wait...that means "furniture with four legs used for eating, etc...", so we can't use it this way) that motion (wait! motion means "changing one's position", so that's wrong, too) in order (uh, oh..."do you want french fries with that?") that we may weigh (with scales?) the merit (like in Boy Scout Merit badges) of such a pressing (not to be confused with starch and folding) matter (with mass?) as this.
Sometimes, context is simply that...the way we choose to use a word. I dive with dive buddies, and they (both male and female) call me their buddy as well. Big deal.

Divingdon:
Tonka, the name made me think of Tonka trucks, so i checked their website. http://www.hasbro.com/tonka/ BUILT FOR BOYHOOD. Maybe you should change your name to something less male, or become an instructor/diveguide and be at the front leading and dispense with the need for a buddy.
20070126_Tonka_1169844189341888.jpg

Thanks for the lookup!

Yes, I loved Tonka Trucks, and still have mine!

Plot Summary for
Tonka (1958)
In Dakota territory in the 1870s, White Bull, a young Sioux, proves his manhood by catching and training a wild colt he names Tonka. When a cruel cousin claims the horse as the privilege of rank, White Bull lets Tonka go. The horse ends up in the hands of a captain in the US cavalry about the time that Sitting Bull gathers the tribes to confront the growing US presence, epitomized by the bigoted General Custer. All paths, including those of White Bull and Tonka, lead to the confluence of the Little and Big Horn rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom