The Third Dive: The Death of Rob Stewart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just heard part of the CBC radio interview onnThe Current with Robert Osborne. The part I heard had him say “I’ve used lift bags and you just put a puff of air into it”. That sounds more Ike a DSMB than a lift bag. I’ll have to find the podcast later today and listen to all of it.

Puff is a relative term. Perhaps you're being a bit literal. Let's just say you don't need to drain two Al 50's to accomplish the job.

Puff is a relative term. Perhaps you're being a bit literal. Let's just say you don't need to drain two Al 50's to accomplish the job.
Guilty as charged, I am quite literal. Facts are in short supply in Rob Stewart’s death, it seems. So what facts exist seem important.

“Puff” seemed to undermine the facts. But Since I didn’t hear the entire The Current interview, and the bit I heard was out of context, I’ll wait till I hear the podcast to see how it all hangs together.

Guilty as charged, I am quite literal. Facts are in short supply in Rob Stewart’s death, it seems. So what facts exist seem important.

“Puff” seemed to undermine the facts. But Since I didn’t hear the entire The Current interview, and the bit I heard was out of context, I’ll wait till I hear the podcast to see how it all hangs together.

Thank you so much having the decency to wait to hear the facts. In turn I'll admit that "puff" may not have been the best choice of words. But live radio can be challenging. You're thinking on your feet and the precise word doesn't always leap to mind. Facts are in short supply. If you get a chance to see the documentary I'd be interested to know if it answered any of your questions. There is so much more that I did not have time to deal with in a TV hour.

I don't believe that anyone has dived that frequently over a 25 years span especially considering that at least 10 years were in primary, high school and college.

I've got considerably more dives than that in the last 23 years.

But Google the correct spelling of "Superlite 27" and you may understand why.

I've got considerably more dives than that in the last 23 years.

But Google the correct spelling of "Superlite 27" and you may understand why.
You took up residence at the bottom of the ocean...again?

Nope, still waiting to find out from neuro surgeon if I can keep diving. Took up flying in the meantime.

So, I just watched the CBC showing a few minutes ago.
After all the drama on this thread, it seemed pretty anti-climactic to me.
I hardly knew anything about these events, so I found this documentary quite informative, with the facts and opinions presented in a straightforward way. OTOH, if any crucial piece of information is missing, I have no way of figuring that out.
All in all, I was happy to see this.

Ok so according to the "downloads " that Rob Osborne has apparently seen the Po2 never dropped yet this joke of a pice of journalism concludes that cause of death was hypoxia. ??? How can that be?

I never knew it was the duty of the medical examiner to attend the recovery of a body or to review the operation of any none medical evidence.

I wish we knew more about the circumstances leading up to the medical examiner's termination.

I dont know how the navy dive lab would have been able to test the condition of a scrubber after 3 days on the ocean floor.

The "documentary " suggests tampering but never provided motive or established a connection for that line of thinking.

As some one who hasn't actually recovered a body I assume it cant be done without moving the body.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom