The tiny car rentals all look the same size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK forget the price, no matter whether you pick sub compact, compact, or compact sport, all of these cars look the same size.

Not being able to find any info on their interior headroom on Google, can someone tell me what order you'd put them in from small to large based only on head room. I don't need a car to hold 4 people, just one tall dude. (6'2") Prices jump 10-12 dollars per day to get from one tiny car to the next. You have to go up to midsize or so to see any real difference and then the price really jumps.

So, what's the difference between all of these. They all say 4 passengers but vary on price. Some are compact and some are sub compact but they look too similar.

I found them at Andy's, Marshal's and Avis car rentals.

Cherry QQ
Daihatsu Charade
Daihatsu YRV
Daihatsu Sirion
Suzuki Ignis
Suzuki Alto
Suzuki Swift

Thanks again

OK forget the price, no matter whether you pick sub compact, compact, or compact sport, all of these cars look the same size.

Not being able to find any info on their interior headroom on Google, can someone tell me what order you'd put them in from small to large based only on head room. I don't need a car to hold 4 people, just one tall dude. (6'2") Prices jump 10-12 dollars per day to get from one tiny car to the next. You have to go up to midsize or so to see any real difference and then the price really jumps.

So, what's the difference between all of these. They all say 4 passengers but vary on price. Some are compact and some are sub compact but they look too similar.

I found them at Andy's, Marshal's and Avis car rentals.

Cherry QQ
Daihatsu Charade
Daihatsu YRV
Daihatsu Sirion
Suzuki Ignis
Suzuki Alto
Suzuki Swift

Thanks again

We had a Suzuki Alto. It was fine for headroom. I'm 6'1" and I still had clearance. We fit 3 full sets of gear in the car without a problem. The seats fold down in the back. It's also a hatchback so that makes it convenient.

dive safe,

Jeff

Daihatsu Charade Interior Height 1265mm
Daihatsu Sirion Interior Height 1275mm

The Diahatsu Charade is a golf cart pretending to be a car... hence the name, Charade. I love them though, and wouldn't rent anything else on GCM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom