The Zen of Solo.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

videofly, what you're doing is called not being smart (being gentle here). What others have described, mostly, falls under what athletes (and pretty much everyone else) call being in the zone. You are maximally aware of what you're doing which means you have to be relaxed (or in the flow). Assuming requisite skills, technical diving is about awareness. Keen, relaxed awareness (opposite of dozing off or being complacent) in an unforgiving environment seems to rejuvenate the wet stuff we all carry around.

Maybe it's the instructor thing but when diving with others there is always a bit of focus on them and their welfare. Alone I can truly relax. And on a solo deco dive it's even more peaceful.

I did my first (very modest!) solo dive today, and had exactly that experience. I was more relaxed than usual and I'm certain it's because I didn't have to worry about anybody except myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom