Thermal Fusion -- three thumbs up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you let me know if you shed some lead in the transition from Halo to Fusion?

I'm currently using the red Carhartt union suit and a lycra over that, last time I posted whites had me look at theres and from what I am diving I like the concept, and i to have less weight on belt from mine and today's 61 min dive I am toasty at 43F water temp.

With out diving it I am sure it will be a #1 seller in the future.

I'm currently using the red Carhartt union suit and a lycra over that, last time I posted whites had me look at theres and from what I am diving I like the concept, and i to have less weight on belt from mine and today's 61 min dive I am toasty at 43F water temp.

With out diving it I am sure it will be a #1 seller in the future.

I looked up the union suit and all I found was one made out of cotton. Is this the one your wearing? Did you have something to do with the inspiration for the Thermal fusion? After a 61 minute dive in 42F water with a Fusion Tech and Thermal Fusion, mid weight EMS base layer I would say I was comfortable but far from toasty warm.

What I am wearing under the Thermal Fusion is the same undersuit I've worn under my other UGs. It's a light bonded fleece top and pants that I bought from a local company at the Seattle Boat show: KAMgear (Comparable, I think, to the 4th Element Xerotherm, but MUCH cheaper.)

On my feet, I wear a pair of cotton/poly (yes, I know) sport socks, and over them a heavy pair of smartwool hiking socks from REI. My feet weren't numb getting out of the water the other night, and that's rare.

Reactions: Jax
l

Don't you love the supportive husband I have?

His comment about three thumbs is deserving of a one finger response.

The only problem I see with giving away free gear is that it's then hard for us to trust the reviews. I think Whites did the right thing by not giving anything away. If you have a great product, people will eventually hear about it in most cases.

I have, on occasion in the past, been provided with gear to test. The providers know, however, that I will write what I think, good and bad, about the equipment. The only thing I do is give them the courtesy of seeing what I am going to post before it goes up.

What I am wearing under the Thermal Fusion is the same undersuit I've worn under my other UGs. It's a light bonded fleece top and pants that I bought from a local company at the Seattle Boat show: KAMgear (Comparable, I think, to the 4th Element Xerotherm, but MUCH cheaper.)

On my feet, I wear a pair of cotton/poly (yes, I know) sport socks, and over them a heavy pair of smartwool hiking socks from REI. My feet weren't numb getting out of the water the other night, and that's rare.

Your drysuit is the Fusion Tech or Fusion Bullet? Im thinking tech but Im drying a blank. Was it you who said you didnt care for the bullet? Im very very tempted to just spend the money on the whole setup so your original post is most promising for me. :wink:

Fusion Tech. You are right, I did not like the Bullet.

Back
Top Bottom