Things that make you go Hmmm...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divrnr

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did you know...

It is impossible to lick your elbow...

A Crocodile can't stick its tongue out...

A shrimp's heart is in its head...

In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand...

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky...

And over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!:mean:

Also

"Outside of killings, Washington D.C. has one of the lowest crime rates in the country." -Mayor Marion Barry

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff." -Mariah Carey

"Smoking kills, If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of you life." _Brooke Shields, during a interview to become spokesperson for a Federal antismoking campaign

"Half this game is ninety percent mental." -Phillies manager, Danny Ozark

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees." - Jason Kidd, upon drafting to the Dallas Mavericks

and finally...

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?

Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because is we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever." -Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest:confused:

man, i blame my arms for being to long
i know i could reach my elbow if they were a littttle bit shorter :)
*grumbles*

great stuff and I admit you got me...I tried licking my elbow..
lol lol:D

Dogs absolutely hate it when you blow in their face...put 'em in a car and the first thing they do is stick their head out the window.

King Kong Matt once bubbled...
Dogs absolutely hate it when you blow in their face...put 'em in a car and the first thing they do is stick their head out the window.
And considering what dogs will eat... :eek:ut:

Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.

Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma.

No piece of paper can be folded more than 7 times.

Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.

Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of age or older.

The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.

The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache.

A Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating 1 olive from each salad served in first class.

Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.

Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.

The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.

Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.

The first owner of the Marlboro company died of lung cancer.

Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.

Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.

Adolf Hitler's mother seriously considered having an abortion but was talked out of it by her doctor.

Marilyn Monroe had six toes.

All US Presidents have worn glasses. Some just didn't like being seen wearing them in public.

Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.

Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.

Pearls melt in vinegar.

Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca Cola and Budweiser, in that order.

It is possible to lead a cow upstairs ... but not downstairs.

A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why.

Richard Milhouse Nixon was the first US president whose name contains all the letters from the word "criminal." The second? William Jefferson Clinton.

And........................................... (the best of all useless trivias!)

Turtles can breathe through their bums.

I bet Neve never leaves the pub quiz night without a prize
:)

neve once bubbled...

Richard Milhouse Nixon was the first US president whose name contains all the letters from the word "criminal." The second? William Jefferson Clinton.

HMMMM.....Now that one doesn't surprise me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom