Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a real nice dive knife in Roatan. I was showing it off on the boat after the dive when one of the other divers realized it was his. :11doh:

-People's car keys (when I was in college I had my own underwater yacht maintenance company).
-Prescription sunglasses
-S/S bow pulpit from a sailboat
-Ford 351 Cleveland V8 engine (there's a story)
-Hundreds of golf balls at a newly-discovered site off O'ahu we then named "Water Hazard"
-2 WWII-era mortar rounds (one live - one range dummy) I left the the live one alone.
-2 masks
-1 snorkel
-1 baseball cap
-1 pair of men's jeans
-1 men's t-shirt
-No naked man in the vicinity
-a spent .50 caliber projectile (the business end)
-a lot of fishing weights
-a lot of trash
-my dive buddy

(I want to find some cash like these other people!)

My $3000.00 camera rig lost for 8 weeks at the bottom of Lake Lanier, the Ikelite housing didn't leak a drop and everything works! Thank God and everyone who helped along the way.

Mike

How about swimming under the dive ladder or a black catfish swimming in front of you?

dude!

you're like hexed for life now... wow... that's some serious voodoo hoodoo

did you break a mirror on the way back from the dive site, just for kicks?

:eyebrow:

Let's see if I can remember:

Old Anchor
Clay pipes
Black glass bottles
Old medicine bottles
Whiskey, soda and milk bottles
Megalodon, mako, bull shark teeth
Whale vertebrae
Indian arrowheads
Indian pottery
Indian gorget
Scuba gear, including goggles, fins, knives, weight belts (some of these items I lost and refound)
live alligator 8-10 feet
lot of junk
sun glasses

Recently I found a competition bathing cap at Escaceo point Puerto galera Nov.01. I gave it to my son

a dive flag
old pepsi bottle
shark teeth
22 cal shells / projectiles
various fishing leaders
anchors
old lobster traps

Shark teeth,hair ties, marine batteries and trash. Nothing particularly usefull.

Back in 1999 I was diving at an old cannery site where I had collected old antique bottles in the past. I started looking in an area I had previously looked in before and with in minutes or two I found an old heavy tea pot. It was inside a broken spittone upside down and not covered in silt. I guess the week before there was a storm and it uncovered thick sediment that had previously covered the entire area. With a bit of investigation it turns out to be a boat Captains personal teapot from the 1840-1860 era. It is solid sterling silver with ivory insets in the handle. The neat thing about this pot is the small 2.5" knife concealed in the handle. What the heck would you use that for? The initial on the pot is the letter "D". I lightly cleaned it with baking soda and warm water, otherwise it looks like I found it. Thats about all know about it. My wife wants to bring it to the Antique Roadshow next time they are in the area.

For now my kids put their chicken egg money in it when they sell their eggs to the niegbors. :D

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom