Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found an old Amstrad PC with a printer attached. Alas! the printer was out of paper.

One too many paperjams, I guess.

I have a friend who found a car with a body in it about a year ago. He black water diving in South Pittsburgh TN hunting artifacts when they first found a gun. This caused them to call the police. By the time the cops showed up they had found a car. When they towed the car up their was human remains tied up in the back seat. By the end of the day they had an AK47, car, body, dummy grenade, most of a musket, mine cart wheel, and several other odds and ends like grape shot and musket balls.

I have never found anything that exciting but I have found:
1 powerhead in (.223)
Probably 50 snorkels
1 spare air (I returned it to the owner because he had his name on it)
Half dozzen or so fishing rods
1 pair of pants and a shirt wrapped around a rock and tied with string
1 crusty revolver
1 watch

Wow, I'm permanently stationed at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL, and drive through South Pittsburgh to visit my family in North Carolina. Please tell more of that story and the details revealed by police and stuff in the newspapers.

As for me, all I've found are:
lobster
lobster
lobster
a pair of sunglasses,
and more lobster!

a yamaha 75hp outboard engine..though not really difficult since it came off the boat and almost hit my buddy..tom the policeman..about 3 ft away from him...
as we came up, the boatdriver asked me...."did you see my engine?"
"Yeah, it almost hit us..."
"Good, where is it?"
"There!", he didn't appreciate me pointing out at the open ocean and then declining to go get it for him without compensation...*evil grin*

I have found old bottles, numerous anchors, ladder from float boat, divers knives, mashs, tackle boxes, beer cans, and best of all, a fiberglass 20 foot cuddy cruser, without inboard engine and lower unit. I will be investigating this boat more this spring. It was likely scuttled for the insurance $$'s. Can't wait to check it out. Anyone divers interested?? Nitro certified? I would like this keep this boat in place for future divers.

We have video of the event as well as newspaper clippings and pictures. Just stop in at RNR Dive Shop next time you are in Birmingham and take a look at everything.
RNR Dive Shop
1809 Centerpoint Parkway
Birmingham
Firebrand:
Wow, I'm permanently stationed at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL, and drive through South Pittsburgh to visit my family in North Carolina. Please tell more of that story and the details revealed by police and stuff in the newspapers.

As for me, all I've found are:
lobster
lobster
lobster
a pair of sunglasses,
and more lobster!

Talon:
Nova... thanks for the giggle!!!!

giggle? I got a big laugh out of that one.

novadiver:
Originally Posted by novadiver
outside the devils eye, I found a 40 cuft tank with 100% O2 in it, I could not beleave my luck. I still have it and every time I go to Ginnie I find another one. ( this was a joke , please don't set me on fire)

My best friend lives in Birmingham and is going to get his certification sometime this spring! I tried to stop in once, but your shop closed about 30 minutes before I got there! I won't be back up in that area until the end of May, but I want to stop in when I do. Ever dive the Tenessee River? Southeastern Divers Inc. in Huntsville often does, but I would like some first hand info. I will probably also visit some of the quarries in the Birmingham area too.

I don’t get a chance to dive much for fun. I am wanting to dive the Tennessee at least 3 or 4 times this year but I don’t know if I will have any time. I already have every weekend from now to mid June booked full with classes so I will most likely be diving on the week day when I make it up there. Which shop is your friend going to for certification? I work for 2 of the shops and may be his instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom