Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of stuff from the war - World War II that is. Pretty cool items, but ya got to watch out for the live ammo. I'm looking for the first Zero shot down...

My buddy found 3 bodies instead of just the 1 they were looking for.

My buddy is on the Buffalo Police Department Dive Time were trying to locate one victim of a car that crashed and sank into the Union Shipyard Canal early one morning and after finding the 1st guy he found a second car that crashed in the same spot from a week before with 2 more bodies in it.

Heres the story http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=1833166&nav=0RapMmm9

Besides the usual lost equipment and fishing lures, one of the more interesting finds was a moose skeleton in a lake. Probably fell through the ice and couldn't get back out.

I've been treasure hunting on purpose a couple of times and found some pretty cool old bottles and dishes.

My favorite recovery was when my buddy found my lost argon bottle.

A Posiden 2nd stage, snorkels, weights, knives, a PCLite w/retractor, fishing poles and a 30 gallon garbage can that is now my rinse tank. There was this gold brick that turned out to be just a brick.
My buddy brought up a bag of ashes from an Orange NJ cemetary.

Hi,
For me I have found 2 weight belts with 10 lbs. and 8 lbs weights.
But friend found one time a Rolex Submariner ( one with the blue dial face). Lucky guy.
That he found was in Anilao Batangas. Maybe lost by some rich diver.

The misses and I were snorkeling in the Bahamas and I found a gold and mother of pearl anklet on the reef. Later, while I was on the boat enjoying a little local libation, she found two 20 dollar bills lying on the sand. Upon speaking with the captain and the guide, we found out on the day before we went, they took a group of cruise ship passengers to the same spot. Anybody missing $40 buck and an anklet?

Other than that, my brother and I often find lead weights, dive flags, soft weights, fishing lures, poles, spears and etc.

LobstaMan

Irregular Member? You know a little more fiber in your diet would fix that.

On my first OW dives I found a nice watch, still working. I found a mask w/purge and snorkel which I gave to a friend to help boost them into the sport, have found sunglasses and some money.

Lost: 2 ab gauges

I've be feeling irregular in more ways than that and I don't think more fiber will help! Come to think of it ... "irregular member" conjures up a few disturbing images. Consider it changed!

LobstaMan

I have found a nice Rolex, some weights, masks.....Funny story about finding some empty Capt Morgan ,wine, and Bacardi bottles....My father and I were diving a couple years ago and we just happened to be diving fixing a mooring when we happened to find a bunch of newly discarded liquor bottles in close proximity to one another. The bottles were not in that same spot the day before so they could have only have come from one place ....the newly moored yacht that pulled in that day..Well we cleaned up the bottles and discarded them in the only spot that we saw fit....Back on the yacht that had thrown them overboard! What would you have done ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom