Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was diving a quarry hole back in March that was undove prior to me and my buddies going in. I was kidding with the owner that we'd let him know about any dead bodies we found it in, since it's well hidden from the roads.

We went out about 30 ft from shore and found a rusted out 55 gal drum, viz was about two feet. I circled around it looking inside and I found a what looked to be a forearm bone! Man, the old pucker factor went to about 12!!! :11:

Didn't find anything else around it, so we guessed it was probably a deer leg bone that probably crashed through the ice.

However, there were no other bones....

A vase with a plastic bag filled with ashes - funeral urn?

A small brass box that contained a crucifix, a small glass jar of ashes and bone fragments, a lock of hair and ruined remnants of photographs.

(I wish people would not leave that kind of stuff where divers are likely to stumble upon it. I did not know what these things were until after I had already disturbed them)

boat anchors

Fishing tackle box, rod and reel

many sunglasses

many cheap masks, fins (but no matching pair)

one good mask

A working dive light

A working digital watch

Tank booties

fishing lures

fossils

Some eyeglasses belonging to a kid on shore who had just lost them - search and recovery!

the remants of the hull of a wooden motor boat

A painted metal sign for a resort

A fishing net with a handle

Things I have lost: a Sypderco knife, a strob light.

-Many, many anchors
-snorkels
-masks
-Spearguns
-revolver
-nice rod and reel under the Channel 5 bridge in the FL Keys. Could not have been submerged for more than a couple days. Still have it and use it!
-Weight belt
-lobster noose
-tickle sticks
-Wallet with deteriorated money
-galleon anchor near Great Harbour Bahamas

And last but not least... my buddies and I found a "Volkswagon Thing". It must have fallen off a barge between Bimini and the wreck of the Sapona!

Jeez...I always thought that people actually SPREAD the ashes at sea, not dropped them in in the handy dandy zip lock! (what a way to go!) Remind me to tell my wife SPREAD THE ASHES don't just toss the baggie in!

here's a macabre story.... I was at a Penn State football game about 10 years ago, and these really drunk guys sitting in front of us were talking about "AL" the whole game "Al would be loving this, AL would be drunker than us" etc. Well after the game, I saw the same guys looking around making sure no one of any authority was watching, then unloading a small zip lock bag full of ashes on the field!

Anyway...back to the gist of the thread... I've only found a crappy snorkel keeper! nothing fun! One guy I dove with found an old oval mask, and a casio watch once!

deepwaterferret:
A vase with a plastic bag filled with ashes - funeral urn?

A small brass box that contained a crucifix, a small glass jar of ashes and bone fragments, a lock of hair and ruined remnants of photographs.

(I wish people would not leave that kind of stuff where divers are likely to stumble upon it. I did not know what these things were until after I had already disturbed them)

--snip--

If anyone finds my akona sidekick ss diveknife, can you please return it? I lost it last weekened.

A new snorkel (I could see why it was down there, peice of crap)
1 tank boot
1 new soft weight belt
14 lbs of soft weight
several fishing jig heads and line
old wood folding chair

I have only managed to find some weights.

I found a 20" 14k itallian gold chain, $1 bill and a power ranger... the green one...

cheap pearl braclet with heart and silver thingies, lots of sinkers, earrings (none matching), fossil leg bones, vertebrae, and jawbone. A section of license plate, fossilized sand dollar still in the limestone. Lots of driftwood which looks real cool in my aquarium and a few other people's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom