Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far I have found 1 BCD Knife, 1 folding dive Knife, A car spark plug and an old beer bottle. If you lost the BCD knife could you send me the sheath!:D

Yesterday I found one of our shop's mask & snorkels that had been missin for 6 weeks. Too much growth on it to save.

I just built a web page on You Tube about the 1000 lb Japanese Sea Mine from WWII that Katamuki and I found in October and that was blown up in Feb of this year. I put all of the relative clips together so you don't have to search for them. We are finding stuff from WWII all of the time Katamuki has photo's of Japanese zero's and has found numerous undiscovered wrecks. Soon these results will be published and we want to invite you all to come to Okinawa to dive them.

YouTube - baracudasmile's Channel

Enjoy

Found some civil war era lead shot partially exposed - partially covered. This was during a wreck dive on the Sherman in Myrtle Beach a few years ago.

I also found a large stainless steel bolt at the end of the salt pier in Bonaire (among lots of other worthless trash).

On two occasions, one year apart, I have found pretty shells while snorkeling in Jamaica. Each time I was convinced there was no tenant, but the next morning I would go out to the veranda and see some dead crustacean hanging halfway out and stinking.

I always felt bad, so no more collecting shells.

Last edited:
Diving off chincoteage Va. found old clay smoking pipes. found china cups off Delaware coast on wreck.

almost forgot , found brass buttons and buckles on 1705 ship wreck off Marbella Spain

Found some civil war era lead shot partially exposed - partially covered. This was during a wreck dive on the Sherman in Myrtle Beach a few years ago.

I also found a large stainless steel bolt at the end of the salt pier in Bonaire (among lots of other worthless trash).

On two occasions, one year apart, I have found pretty shells while snorkeling in Jamaica. Each time I was convinced there was no tenant, but the next morning I would go out to the veranda and see some dead crustacean hanging halfway out and stinking.

I always felt bad, so no more collecting shells.

I've done that too...we were wondering what was smelling up the car on the ride home :)

Last edited:
Yaquina Bay, South Jetty - 4th & 5th fingers, South Beach/Newport, Oregon - July 3, 2009

I found an integrated weight. When I came up I found that a Dad and his 2 adult sons were diving there and one of the sons had lost it. I told them they owed me a million dollars for towing it up :) . Without thinking they were saying, "Thanks a million." :) I sent the youngest (non-diver) over to the jetty where I had laid it.

On the same dive I got a boat anchor - probably from the idiot that was running over to talk to me as I was frantically waving him back from my dive flag - as the family had just gone down. It was a pretty new anchor and had a rope (probably cut by his prop). I can just see him, running next to the fingers and spinning around saying, "oh my goodness, there's rocks down there" - or something to the effect.

And at the same fingers this weekend, my friend found a really nice dive light. It had a name on it, so we asked at the local shop (Scott and Wendy are our friends) and they did know the diver. Oh well - "do onto others as you would have them do onto you". I hope someone finds my integrated weight at the Alsea Crab hole and turns it in.

Back
Top Bottom