Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've found weights. A coral covered big dive knife probably dropped by a high school student I met a few months ago whose first and only item on his shopping list was to get a big diving knife.

But what I'd really love to find is a sunken submarine (or ship) filled with gold ingots and a female mermaid that looks a lot like Jessica Alba or Scarlett J.

Go down to abour 135 feet on air, stay around for ten minutes, you'll probably see the mermaid.:D

For my par all I found was a plastic chair and a brand new brass squeegee.

So far in my short time of diving off of san diego I have found,
1. Snorkel
2. Swim goggles
3. 4lbs. lead
4. golf ball
5. trash:depressed:
6. Abalone tool, illegal
7. traps.
8. anchors
9. old frame from some sort of small vehicle
I'm still waiting to find my spanish gold coins:D

:shocked2:In a lake in WV to date: 1 dive knife, dive flag, 13 cu ft luxfer phony bottle. Every one I ask said thay lost the bottle:no::idk:

I saw a mermaid once...No Kidding...We were at out safety stop, when she swam from the surface and waved at us. We found out latter she was an Okinawan free diver with a mono fin and a special wet suit that looks like a fish. She had a bikini top on and a mask. She likes to go to Meada Point in the summer when the water temp is 86F, and there are tons of mainland Japanese tourist. She has a complete video where she is swimming across the reef that is pretty impressive.

i so love this thread that i am looking forward to my next diving trip.. i hope it'll be soon :D

**also hopes to get a new set of fins by then**

200 plus dives and I haven’t found squat since my 3rd dive in open water when our group swam through the remains of an illegally dumped load from a passing ship. I still remember the look in the goat head as the little fish nibbled at its cornea amid a bunch of other debris. And that is it other than fish and the occasional rubbish. Maybe I should consider myself lucky.

Cheers!

Funny what ppl dump..

I've found; 2 masks (1 prescription which was identified by the boat captain and I found the owner waiting with a nice reward at the jetty). Anchors. A couple of road signs (one with pole and cement foot). A complete wooden sunbed. A knife. Notes, coins, earings, rings. Nothing worth much yet but

A toilet...with a stuffed alligator in it. I lifted the toilet seat to sit on it (twisted humor) and the stuffed alligator popped up from the bowl...came close to spitting my regulator out. Thought the stupid thing was a snapping turtle! Next time...

Last edited:
Scuba tank from the 1860s??

Chack the markings, might be an early Faber. Looks like about 80cuft. :D

That's got to be one BIG iron in the background, then! :)

So far in my short time of diving off of san diego I have found,
1. Snorkel
2. Swim goggles
3. 4lbs. lead
4. golf ball
5. trash
6. Abalone tool, illegal
7. traps.
8. anchors
9. old frame from some sort of small vehicle
I'm still waiting to find my spanish gold coins

You might have better luck finding those Spanish gold coins if you dive off the East coast.
:D

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom