Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a 10-11 inch surfboard fin last night. I wonder what these things are worth used? It looks like it's in pretty good condition.

Also found a nice beach towel, but lost it in the waves as I was swimming in to shore.

Hey Mike,

Yea mate, next time I am in the area I will give you a shout. I will send you a PM with my contact info and we can give it a try.

I was just down in Charleston for a week (last week) visiting my Mom (dad is still in Afganistan).

Here's to a good find when we go! :)

Hey Scott, I too have a underwater metal detector, mine is a Minelab Excalibur. I haven't been at the beach in a year doing any detecting but I am itching to go. I now live over in Mt P, so maybe I'll head over to IOP after work here soon.

A buddy of mine has that Garret Infinum and the only thing I do not like about it is that it is a pulse induction detector so you might get a signal on a nail at 2' deep. Then again, you might get a signal on a rolax at 2' deep and my Minelab would most likely go over it.

Any time you want to go diving/detecting let me know, I need to get a dive shaft for my detector though.

i've found 2 of these Mill Stones in last 3 weeks mill stone.jpgmill stone2.jpgmill stone3.jpg

1998, Oahu diving the Sea Tiger, at depth, I found in the sand a sea crusted, 50 cal round casing, thought to be from World War II. Way cool.

There's a site I've been going to since the 70's and I still find 40MM anti-aircraft shell casing there. I'll post a pic of the last one I found when I get home. The date stamped on the bottom is 1942 I think.

I did a three tank dive with a charter in San Diego, I think it was labor day week-end in'04. The 3rd dive was in a kelp bed and the DM told us about the past spring having to cut anchor when a storm came up and they got hung up. He offered anyone who found the anchor a free trip to the Coronados. when my buddy and I descended we literately landed right on top the anchor and he had a lift bag to lift the attached rope to the surface and we where able to help recover the anchor. Didn't see much of the of the kelp bed that day but had a lot of fun and enjoyed my free dives on the little islands the next day

Just found and pulled up the frame of a Suzuki 4 wheeler with the last few numbers of the VIN etched off :shakehead:View attachment 101422

that looks like a GSXR frame... Notice the rear swing arm? only room for one wheel. My bet is the frame is stolen.

I've got to get a lift bag!!! No one seems to know why they would be in the lake.any ideas?

anchors. The ancients used anchors similar to those mill stones... Tie a rope through the hole and bingo, instant anchor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom