Think You've Got Problems??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:shocked:
Commonly know as Bobbit Worm, the reason why he got this lovely name is due to the fact that the female worm attacks the male penis and feeds it to her young after mating...

The most common size for the worm is around 1 meter. But they have been reports of some specimens that where is the size range of 3 meters.

The pictures where taken during a night dive in Lembeh Strait and was maybe around 2.5cm wide (could be around 1.5m long). Good advice if you encounter one, don't get your fingers (or any other body part) to close as you might loose it too him.
from here: Eunice aphroditois aka. Bobbit Worm

Good luck gal!! If you fly me out and put me up I can get rid of it for you :popcorn:

Not to alarm you :no:
But they can easly grow up to 10 FEET.

Bobbit worm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh yeah,I forgot,they can and do bite.:)
So better use the :laser:

Just for raising the entertainment factor.

forget the gloves..maybe a lobster snare? on 2nd thought maybe a bangstick

I used to keep a reef and kept up with the forums. I remember a guy trapping a 3' bristleworm and I thought THAT was bad. Holy cow.

Good luck! Maybe you can donate it to the aquarium? If it's that big... nice specimen.

You might want to reread that article.. they have very nasty spines, much worse than a bristle worm...an all around naster beast... but hey, most people never get to see them..

Vile isn't it.

The rock I have in my tank is actual rubble from the ocean so it probably came in as a little thing on that.

Sting, no I don't think so. Bite, OH YEAH! They bore into rock with their jaws!

If I thought I could afford to have someone come out and get it for me, I would! One look at the picture and I think that the price would go to more than I could afford.

I've let it go for 6 months because I didn't want to deal with it. But coral is expensive! I'm tired of it eating what I'm buying for MY enjoyment!

Lucky me!!!:yeahbaby:

There is NO WAY my husband will come near the tank if I'm trying to catch that. I have him sit across the room and take video. :wink:

I keep thinking, that which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. :blessing:

Or maims u forever... Just sayin... :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Use a red light and stay up to see if it comes out.

You might be able to get near it without scaring it back into whatever hole it crawled out of. At least maybe see where it's living - my guess would be downstream of the pump outlet - if you have a UV sterilizer it's probably not going through that daily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom