This dive was a 10+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good day

15 years in the off shore diving business and hundreds of inspection dives using poseidon regs in the worst environmental conditions possible, assure me that the posiedon line of regulators can't be beat and definetly have an A+ track record. I must agree with Cliff most and usually all Poseidon reg malfuntions are caused by unskilled tinkering of the first and second stages of this regulator line.

Cheers

Amobeus

amobeus:
Good day

15 years in the off shore diving business and hundreds of inspection dives using poseidon regs in the worst environmental conditions possible, assure me that the posiedon line of regulators can't be beat and definetly have an A+ track record. I must agree with Cliff most and usually all Poseidon reg malfuntions are caused by unskilled tinkering of the first and second stages of this regulator line.

Cheers

Amobeus

Luck for us that we are not in the commercial dive industry. Upstream valves still don't meet our requirements for a dive and still pose a serious safety concern.

JamesP:
Luck for us that we are not in the commercial dive industry. Upstream valves still don't meet our requirements for a dive and still pose a serious safety concern.

James, reading this thread it's clear that you don't agree with the way that the dive was conducted. To be honest some points I see (but may not completely follow) some I don't yet. Could I ask you to outline the way and with what equipment you would have done this dive?

Thanks

teamplayer:
James, reading this thread it's clear that you don't agree with the way that the dive was conducted. To be honest some points I see (but may not completely follow) some I don't yet. Could I ask you to outline the way and with what equipment you would have done this dive?

Thanks

I cannot detail how we approach a dive within a single post. You would be much better served to revue the following url's. They have a lot of the information that you seek. If you are still searching for more I would recommend signing on for a DIRf at either kds in ottawa or ntd in kingston

http://www.gue.com/equipment/index.shtml

http://www.fifthd.com/e-education/productinfo/index.html

http://www.fifthd.com/itindex.htm --- note the video link in the right frame near the bottom

http://northerntechdiver.com/training/trgfundamentals.php

There is only so much you can get from reading. I would strongly recommend that you contact either Kevin Ripley or Tom R (both SB members) and see what they do in person

Hi Teamplayer,
Tells us where do you usually dive? what kind of gear do you have or aspire to have? what kind of diving do you like to do?

:mermaid:

knives:
Hi Teamplayer,
Tells us where do you usually dive? what kind of gear do you have or aspire to have? what kind of diving do you like to do?

:mermaid:

I thought I had done that already :cheeky:

JamesP:
I cannot detail how we approach a dive within a single post. ....
There is only so much you can get from reading. I would strongly recommend that you contact either Kevin Ripley or Tom R (both SB members) and see what they do in person

JamesP, both Kevin Ripley and Tom have been Helpful, I know the quarry where the dive was conducted because I used to bungee jump there. I hope the next time they ice dive it they invite me to observe.

thanks

ps I am sorry I asked to much of you, I have already visited the sites you listed, but don't remember applicable information, but thanks all the same. I hope you don't mind me asking questions, I agree there is only so much you can get from reading, but it can't hurt to read pages like the ones you listed, and this web page.

teamplayer:
JamesP, both Kevin Ripley and Tom have been Helpful, I know the quarry where the dive was conducted because I used to bungee jump there. I hope the next time they ice dive it they invite me to observe.

thanks

ps I am sorry I asked to much of you, I have already visited the sites you listed, but don't remember applicable information, but thanks all the same. I hope you don't mind me asking questions, I agree there is only so much you can get from reading, but it can't hurt to read pages like the ones you listed, and this web page.

If you still have questions then it is time to seek out the instructors and the courses. Kevin and Tom can help you in that regard concerning GUE courses. There are also several other instructors available if you don't find GUE palatable. the other SB members that have posted to this thread can help you in that regard. Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for.

JamesP:

For what its worth, one of the 'mainstream' dive training agencies also discourages use of upstream regulators. Without quoting too directly from the book, they use terms like "tendency to fail in closed position" "potential hazards" "inefficiency" and "dangerous feature." They also advocate or at least want you to consider the option of donating your primary reg to your buddy in an OOA situation.
cheers
C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom