This is how my car is packed 24-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So like....stupid question really...but um...where does the scumbag go?!?!?

I couldn't pack like that...When I get to cuffin' and stuffin', I don't care where I'm stuffin'. Scumbag might find his head getting crammed into a regulator bag or something if I packed like that...

I don't think he does much cuffin and stuffin, there just isn't room. IMHO this guy is pretty anal with his setup. Organized is one thing but this is to the extreme.
The bad part of it is that if someone moves something he is probably totally thrown off track.

crpntr133:
I don't think he does much cuffin and stuffin, there just isn't room. IMHO this guy is pretty anal with his setup. Organized is one thing but this is to the extreme.
The bad part of it is that if someone moves something he is probably totally thrown off track.

I don't think it's anal at all. This guy is a rescue diver. Has to be ready to move at a moment's notice and respond to situitation where a couple of minutes of delay could mean somebody's life, without knowing a thing about what the dive is in advance. If I'm ever in a situation where I need help that bad I hope it's this guy or someone trained the same way they send in to bring me back.

Anal or not, you make a good point glbirch.

Hey Gary

If its got to be in a car that looks like a pretty good setup you got.

One question. What happen to your coat? It looks like someone may have peed on it!!! hehe

mark

Bob3:
Extreme? not hardly. Looks like a setup that'll get him in the water in under 2 minutes from the time the tires stop rolling.
If you want anal, I'll take some pictures of my spice rack. :wink:

LOL, I hear that. Our spice rack turned into a spice cupboard a long time ago. Not even sure what we'll ever do with things like kalonji, fenungreek, and a half kilo of saffron. :D

glbirch:
LOL, I hear that. Our spice rack turned into a spice cupboard a long time ago. Not even sure what we'll ever do with things like kalonji, fenungreek, and a half kilo of saffron. :D
Kilo, did I hear "kilo"??? :shocked:

For those of you that think my set up is anal.

Very seldom do we have three dirt bags in the back seat. Looking at the photo your getting a two-dimensional shot. All that gear fits in the left side seat only. Two dirt bags can still fit.

We work alone for the most part. With a three-car minimum for a county that is 1400 sq. miles and has over 120K people, we get the fight out before they get stuffed. After a fight some times we don’t transport, medical does.

If you think that I’m anal with the set up I want you to come on over and ride with several guys that have more stuff in the back seat than I do. I’d like you to have the same attitude with them as your having with me. Tell them how stupid they are and then lets see if you have the balls to try to stuff someone in their back seat.

I have 2/3 of my back seat available and within a few seconds can have the whole seat available if needed. The K-9 units can’t do that which is who I was referring to above. So what’s the difference between me being a Rescue unit, or a K-9 unit, or a Traffic unit, or a SRU unit. Most of us specialize in something other than “Cuffing and Stuffing”.

Besides what happened to “Protect and Serve”? I don’t remember taking an oath to “Cuff and Stuff”.

And if the gear gets disturbed, I just readjust it when I'm done. Afterall, I can't respond to a dive call with a dirt bag I have just "Cuffed and Stuffed". As far as diving, once the cuff's go on I'm basicly out of service until I get rid of him/her.

Your attitude just might change on how our cars were set up if it were you that went in the drink with all that extra gear on. A little over a year ago I got a security officer who was tossed in the lake. He's not *****ing about my set up but he's here should he want to.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom