This is just a test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm trying to upload photos from GLWC Fall M & G; If it works I'll do more.

Won't enlarge; I'll have to try again.

Attachments

• nlx8ao_th.jpg
    nlx8ao_th.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 75
I'm trying to upload photos from GLWC Fall M & G; If it works I'll do more.

Won't enlarge; I'll have to try again.

OK, I see here what you mean. My best recommendation is to just go to the Photo Gallery and create yourself a new album for the m&g, and add them there. Altho, then they do count against your storage limit, I forget how many MB we each get.

I'm trying the add attachment to this reply, lets see what that does for me.

Nope, upload of file failed.

Ken

I'm curious now.

Attachments

• sb test.jpg
    sb test.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 65
Did my picture work the way you were hoping for ? I saved the picture as "best fit to desktop" so the file is big but not overly.

Did my picture work the way you were hoping for ? I saved the picture as "best fit to desktop" so the file is big but not overly.

Worked just great; I wish I knew how you did that.

Denny, you need to make the picture smaller by compressing it. Not by resizing it. you leave it the same size but compress it more with your photo program. It has to be no more than 200k in byte size. when you attached it the PHP program that subaboard uses will make it a thumbnail size. Then when you click on it, it will be the original size that it is in. You got that? Usually if you look in your photo program unless your using those cheap ones that come with digital cameras. Any way you click on save then click on SAVE FOR WEB and that will usually compress it enough down to the scubaboard limit of 200k. Or you can do what Ken suggested and make a new Album or use the old one. in your Gallery and then make a post thas says hey every one I puts some new pics in my gallery and all we have to do is click on your gallery under your avatar.

I'm probably doing the same thing that gtxl is saying but I don't know the proper terminology. I took a 3456 x 2304 pixel (485K) pic and compressed and saved it at 974 x 649 pixel (75K).

Here's a quick version of how to upload photos using the SB Photogallery:

How to post pictures using the Scubaboard Photo Gallery:

Click on Photo Gallery on the top menu

Click on Upload Photos (to the right)

Select a Gallery for your photos from the dropdown

Below that there are 10 blank spaces with a Browse button to the right of each one.

Click it and navigate to the folder on your computer where your image(s) are stored.
Select one and repeat as needed.

Enter a title, description and keywords (for searching) and hit Upload/Submit

At the next screen fill in any optional details and hit Process.

When it finishes you should now see your photo in the gallery you specified

Click on the photo for details about it.

There are two "Copy" buttons under the photo.

Copy and paste the code in the Linked Thumbnail box to make a clickable thumbnail in your post:

Copy and paste the code in the BB Code box to insert the image full-sized in your post:

From an external website or online photogallery the code would be similar to this:
[img]http://www.website.com/image.jpg[/img]

Barracuda2, the reason yours doesn't work is that you linked to a thumbnail (53504d1230740852-just-test-nlx8ao_th.jpg) in your attachment process - not the full-size image.

That's what I do, I open a second separate page (one has the photo gallery and one has the post) and highlight the bb code and drag it to the post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom