This is really making me angry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two comments on these issues:

1) On my visits to Norway, I ate whale meat a couple times, and it was delicious. My Norwegian friends were very clear on the fact that the whales eaten were not endangered, and that the whale meat was highly regarded by many. Gosh it was tasty when cooked by Marit! The Norge government limits the take partially to ensure a healthy population, and based on the annecdotal information included here, it seems to be working.

2) In response to ssra30:
ssra30:
Morally and legally, killing someone who is mentally retarded with IQ of 30 is no less a crime than killing a genious with IQ 200.
Actually, in some places in the USA, if you murder someone because of the color of their skin or their sexual preference, then that is "more of a crime" than if you just simply murdered them for money. I think that is ludicrous, but that is just my opinion. Murder is "wrong enough" that I don't see the need to increase the penalties like that. Of course that's just me, and I eat whale.

On a related "food for thought": If I intentionally, and with malice aforethought, shoot someone in the head with a gun, with every intention of killing them, then why is the penalty so significantly diminished if a) my bullet is one millimeter off to the side, b) an ambulance arrives quickly c) some great surgeon manages to miraculously save the victims life. Why shouldn't the penalty for legitimate "attempted murder" be the same as the penalty for completion of said murder? I don't have an answer, it is just something I wonder about sometimes.

Wristshot

Back
Top Bottom