Thomas Pritchard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Tom Pritchard is the diver recently reported missing and presumed dead after a dive on the Andrea Doria wreck. The article below was posted on the Penn State website at the time of his retirement, just a year ago.

I really like his quote about life, he sounds like a great man and I wish I had known him; my condolences to his friends and family.

NBS Featured Member

Dr. Thomas Pritchard…has worked at The Pennsylvania State University for over 30 years and is a Professor in the Department of Neural and Behavioral Sciences…

…Dr. Pritchard will retire from the Department of Neural & Behavioral Sciences on June 30, 2014 in order to spend more time with his wonderful family, continue his passion for diving shipwrecks in the North Atlantic, and write by choice, rather than by necessity.

We wish him well and we will remember him by his email signature:

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, yelling, “Whooopeee!!!

Obituary and Memorial Service for Thomas Pritchard

Thomas Pritchard Obituary - Hershey, PA | PennLive.com

Thomas Charles Pritchard III Obituary

Thomas Charles Pritchard III, 64, of Hummelstown, PA, passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday, July 21, 2015. Tom was born in Englewood, NJ, to the late Thomas Pritchard II and Lucy Ayvad of Lakewood, NJ. He was an Adjunct Professor at the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Dept. of Neural & Behavioral Sciences.

Tom was a loving husband and a proud father and grandfather. He was passionate about tech diving, fast sports cars, and enjoyed his grandchildren and watching their sports.

Surviving are his wife of 42 years Christine; his children Michael (Cristina), David (Michelle), and Brian (Bo); and his grandchildren, AJ (Andrew), Brody, Brianna, Jude, Trey, and Chase.

A memorial mass will be held on Monday, August 10th, at 12:00 noon in the St. Joan of Arc Roman Catholic Church, 359 W. Areba Avenue, Hershey PA 17033. Visitation will be held on Monday morning from 9:30-11:30am in the Hoover Funeral Home & Crematory, Inc., Route 422 & Lucy Avenue, Hershey.

In lieu of flowers, the family request memorial contributions to: Central PA Leukemia & Lymphoma Society , 2405 Park Drive, Suite 100, Harrisburg, PA 17110.

Share condolences at www.hooverfuneralhome .com

PennLive.com Obituaries - Harrisburg, PA | PennLive.com
Published on Pennlive.com and in The Patriot-News from Aug. 1 to Aug. 2, 2015

- See more at: Page Not Found

Saw that in my local paper yesterday, didn't know him well, just spoke to him once or twice at the local quarry, and once at the fitness center at Hershey Med (noticed his dive related license plate) Nice guy, very sad!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom