Thomas (son of Grier, Honorary Conch) shot by car burglar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrierHPharmD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Grier, I'm sorry to hear about your son.

Gads! People leave S Florida to get away from that crap. I guess it's everywhere.

I'm glad things worked out for the best, it could have been a lot worse. That is scary.

When are ya coming back to S Florida for some diving

Glad to see they've been caught and I hope they are successfully prosecuted. Kudos to mom for not mowing them down with the car first and asking questions later :wink:

What a frightening experience, thankfully it wasn't a fatal wound. I hope Thomas has a speedy recovery!
Ber :lilbunny:

Thanks for the kind words. Thomas is a tough young man - he plans to show up for his first day of college on August 20. (Hey, if he can't meet the chicks with that story...)

He's still weak, still having to take lots of pain meds and will be on crutches for ~12 weeks, but he's pretty excited about catching the bad guys. I'm pretty proud of my gang. My son id'd the shooters, my daughter pinpointed their direction of travel, I coordinated our activities with the police, and mom made the final call that brought the officers swooping in for the takedown. Feels pretty damned good! (Kinda like Christmas, Birthday and January 20, 2009, all at the same time!)

Anyway, thanks for the support. I miss you guys and am actively working on getting a few trips set up back to your part of the world. I'll be sure to post my itenerary as soon as I set it up. Sounds like a great excuse for a reunion dive, eh?

My best to all,
Grier

Grier-- Sucks! I am glad he was not more seriously injured. With the obvious press this is getting and the "Young suburbanite going to the first day of college shot in own drive way by local burglarers" angle they should get some real time.

As you can see though.. already released.. CYFA (F=family)

May the BG's never suffer from constitpation again.

Good job to all. If we don't stand up to the thugs, they will walk all over us. In the meantime, be careful they probably have friends and know where you live...sheesh...can't win for losing

Y'know, divers are a pretty cool community, aren't they? Thing went well during the Fall. Thomas had a pretty good first semester, and I patrolled the neighborhood in the wee hours. Amazing what you see between 2 and 4 am. And amazing how quickly crime disappears after a handful of confrontations between suspects and a vengeful father with an assault rifle with a very bright light attached. Maybe we sent the message that there were easier places to hunt than our neighborhood...

Best wishes to everybody for a much better 2009! Vaya con Dios, amigos...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom