Thought on Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 / ZS3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoiled

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone had a look on this model for underwater shooting? TZ7 in Europe and ZS3 in US. Has some nice features incl a lens capable of 25-300mm. Also 720p HD video recording incl a choice of both MJPEG compression and AVCHD.
Review is available at cameralabs.com

I'm considering this one, anyone with thoughts or experience with this camera please?
Thanks

If you're going to shoot mostly video or snapshots on underwater setting in JPEG, it will probably work OK, ..........but.......There are no manual settings as far as I can see, so if the cameras automatic settings don't do a good job, you can't make manual changes to the shooting mode. In addition, superzooms generally aren't so great underwater because the port has to be so long that the lens is too far from the port at normal settings. To me, the most important features of an underwater camera are full manual capability, close focus and the ability to use add on wide angle and close up lenses.

Take a look at the Lumix LX3 (aka Leica D-Lux 4). There are some nice housing being made by 10Bar and UK-Germany

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom