thoughts on LCD backpac?? worth it or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
would love other gopro users thoughts and feedback on the LCD back pac. I hope to get SRP blur fix and a red filter & polarized filter.
bill @ SRP sad it really handy so you can see the sweet spot on the polarized filter and even help with UW filming.

so who uses it and what's your thoughts?

I'd be curious to hear from people that have it, but as someone who DOESN'T have it I would say yes, its worth it. The fisheye on the gopro makes it suprosingly difficult to frame stuff properly. I've missed a lot of cool critters cause they were hanging half out of frame. More noticeable the closer they are. I'm dying for an LCD backpac

Love mine. It makes it much easier to frame the shot and easier to see the mode and other functions. Lastly you can do a quick look at what you got without taking the camera out of the housing. Only time I don't use the LCD is if I have the camera mounted on my Chesty. Well worth the money.

I took a while to get one but once I did I have used it for every dive since. It makes it easy to frame and also if you use multiple fov options it helps you get an idea of how it effects your shot.

With the cp its very handy to set the best rotation, in very brigh light it may be hard to see outside. Underwater though its always very easy to see, its also a big help when using lights so you can adjust your lights to make sure they fill the frame properly.

You do lose about 1hr recording time if running it full time, but my last dive trip I had 4 LCD bacpacs and managed to keep the cameras running for 2 full dives entry to exit around 40 min each and still had battery left after second dives.

I'm a fan of the LCD backpac and got one the moment it was available. If you using a traditional approach to shooting, meaning that you don't have it mounted on your head or pole etc., it makes a world of difference when it comes to framing your shot. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

I like mine too- I normally use a homemade grip and when I'm not watching the LCD I tend to have things drift out of frame. It's a good tool.

I agree. Definitely worth it. For me, I also like setup screens visible on lcd if i want to change some settings to suit what Im doing.

On a 2 tank ocean dive (720@60) I can almost get 50min recording per tank and thats with the LCD only on for the first 15 seconds of the video.
It uses a lot of juice, even when the LCD is turned off. I have 2 batteries and get the same results out of both.
I have never tried it with out the LCD because it makes framing a shot so easy.

I'm also a big fan of the LCD screen. Shot framing and menu navigation are made easy with this little addition to the camera.

Back
Top Bottom