Thoughts on the Sherwood Wisdom dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOVE 'EM!!

ive had mine for about 7yrs now and when we buy a new computer for almitychild it will be the wisdom (as she keeps stealing mine and i get stuck with the uwatec air z).

enjoy

They have the wisdom 2 out now.... some minor changes...good looking computer.... If my wisdom ever needs replacing I will get the 2!!!!

Does anyone know the difference between the Wisdom and the Wisdom2 besides the plainer faceplate on the 2? More tissue compartments? Different logorithms?

The only difference in the 2 computers is in the case. The internal software and functions are the same.

so would you guys reccomend a Wisdom 2, or a regular console computer, i've been beating myself up over this. My LDS said it's a great computer, and he uses one, but he said he almost doesn't trust the AI, becasue if the computer goes down your up poop creek, where a standard console computer you can at least keep track of air so that you can keep diving. What's some opinions on that.

so would you guys reccomend a Wisdom 2, or a regular console computer, i've been beating myself up over this. My LDS said it's a great computer, and he uses one, but he said he almost doesn't trust the AI, becasue if the computer goes down your up poop creek, where a standard console computer you can at least keep track of air so that you can keep diving. What's some opinions on that.

In either case my buddy and I are ending the dive.

I agree with SharkDZ. If my computer goes down, regardless of whether I have a pressure gauge or not, the dive is done. And for the most part so is any other planned dive for the day. You've lost the ability to know where you are on your n2 or o2 loading.

That being said, I can say I've never had that happen. I know, there are probably plenty of folks here who it has happened to, or have had a buddy experience the problem, but I myself have never had my computer fail during a dive, and that's going back to the Skinny Dipper days.

Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom