Threading cam bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nolan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I am in the process of setting up my new gear that I bought over the winter.... I am trying to figure out the proper way to thread the cam bands/tank straps through my hog bp/w. Every link or video I find only shows how to thread the buckle itself, not the strap to the wing and backplate. Any help would be much appreciated. (I apologize if this is in the wrong spot on the forum)

Thank you for your time and any assistance.

-Nolan

Only issue with threading the cam strap through the wing and plate is that you can take off the cam straps or the wing without unthreading the cam straps. Using a single tank adapter can resolve that issue.

I am hoping to not use an STA. I am trying to figure out the pattern for weaving the straps through the 4 slots on the backplate and the 2 slots on the wing. I will add pictures when I get a chance to better explain myself.

Deep Sea Supply sells wings without holes for an STA. You could write to them for how to lace.

However, I suggest using a single tank adapter. Much easier to work with and pack your gear. Also more stabile in the water.

If you want something small, Oxycheq has a
Mini Single Tank Adaptor.
ScubaToys has for $28, but can be found many other places.

My preference though is for something heavier.
The weight of an STA, effectively moves lead from your belt to your back, and generally provides you with better trim.

Last edited:
I am taking it to Puerto Rico on vacation so was hoping to avoid the extra weight of the STA. Depending on whether or not I like it sans STA, I may purchase one down the road. I had read that the HOG BP/W is usable without the adapter. Still hoping to figure out the best way to weave the straps

backplate1.jpgWing1.jpg

I see the images, but am still unclear on the lacing pattern.

joystershell told you correct. Just use the inside holes on your plate. Also just run strap through the slots in the wing and everything will be correct. I

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom