Threading cam bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thread cam band through slot on one top side of wing, then thread down through slot of plate then up through the second slot on the plate and then up through the slot on other side of wing. Thread buckle and you're good to go. Hope this makes sense. Good luck.

Thanks all. Looks like that will work even though the slots on the BP don't exactly line up with the wing. Hopefully later this week I can get a tank strapped to it to ensure proper fit.

-Nolan

Thanks all. Looks like that will work even though the slots on the BP don't exactly line up with the wing. Hopefully later this week I can get a tank strapped to it to ensure proper fit.

-Nolan

As long as there is no excessive tension on the wing and it does not cause the wing/plate to be on any strange angles you should be fine.

It works fine with the inner slots. You are right in that they don't at first seem to line up perfectly, but it works fine. Just came back from a 5 day liveaboard using the SS plate and 32# wing without an STA and it worked perfectly.

Just in case anyone re-reads this thread, I now use a couple of plastic book screws to keep the wing in-place
Backplate Assembly Screws and Nuts - Dive Gear Express

I found during one of my fundies dives that the wing had managed to somehow shift sideways when I had tightened up the straps, and was very difficult to use through the dive. With the screws the wing is now certain to stay centered. It also makes it a lot easier when changing tanks!

Back
Top Bottom