threads closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You really wanted an answer to "Exactly how long after the period can I go and still be able to get re-instated in my PFL program?"

That's like, "When the empty light is on in the car... how long until I run out of gas?"

The answer to your question should be, "the period is 12 months, and that's it"

But the manufacturer posting the policy clearly isn't enough, and it's not enough for 15 other antagonizing threads in one day is it? :shakehead:
I appreciate you taking the time to write responses in regards to these threads.

The analogy you use of a car running out of gas is not really case in point, since there are so many variables. Many companies post their guidelines and their grace periods or some kind of timeline. I feel it is only fair to say something like a 30 day grace period is allotted.

At this point I am really not too worried about it, as it is probably time to just forgo the PFL. The cost of parts vs just labor will equal out, by servicing my own regs every two years. Since my local LDS sent me out with a wet breathing reg I had to fix, my regs now get sent off in the mail to another reg tech. I, like many others, just wish rebuild kits were more readily available. Apeks kits are easy to get, and HOG offers realistic prices for a small parts kit, which is why our last set of regs are HOG's. I already have all the reg rebuilding hand tools needed, my reg pressure tester is hooked into the banks, with the flow tester mounted on the garage wall. They are great regs, but Scubapro has made it pretty clear that they really don't want to give us free parts anymore.

I appreciate you taking the time to write responses in regards to these threads.

The analogy you use of a car running out of gas is not really case in point, since there are so many variables. Many companies post their guidelines and their grace periods or some kind of timeline. I feel it is only fair to say something like a 30 day grace period is allotted.

At this point I am really not too worried about it, as it is probably time to just forgo the PFL. The cost of parts vs just labor will equal out, by servicing my own regs every two years. Since my local LDS sent me out with a wet breathing reg I had to fix, my regs now get sent off in the mail to another reg tech. I, like many others, just wish rebuild kits were more readily available. Apeks kits are easy to get, and HOG offers realistic prices for a small parts kit, which is why our last set of regs are HOG's. I already have all the reg rebuilding hand tools needed, my reg pressure tester is hooked into the banks, with the flow tester mounted on the garage wall. They are great regs, but Scubapro has made it pretty clear that they really don't want to give us free parts anymore.

You are right about my analogy, I should have referenced a credit card payment or mortgage. How long after the due date will I be charged a late fee?

I believe that SCUPAPRO posted that you have 13 months... so that sounds like a 30 day grace period.

Your problem with bad regulator service is a bad dive shop it sounds like. I am not a SCUBAPRO employee, so I don't know, but maybe they have a service department? Me personally, I like my local service tech. He always does a righteous job. Me personally, I am a certified Kirby Morgan tech, so repairing regulators isn't hard for me, but I still choose to keep my regs serviced annually, as I use them 200 plus dives a year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom