Three new Zeiss lens coming?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My guess is that mirrorless means oly/panasonic while Nex will languish but I pray that I am wrong.
Bill

Come on Bill keep hope alive, the rumor post is about E-mount lenses. The best lens in the NEX system line is the Zeiss 24mm F/1.8 and Sony still has a continuing realationship with Zeiss. My money would be on NEX over M43 which has
Panasonic LAICA branded lenses like the Laica 45mm macro.

Phil Rudin

Ok I am officially hoping for it and would certainly buy it if it comes out. For what it is worth, I see the same zeiss rumors on some 4/3 sites. In any case it is still a year away, so I shoot the canon for now (not that big a deal)
BVA

As expected Ziess has announced three new lenses for NEX which includes a 50mm macro and a 12mm W/A lens for 2013. Ziess has also announced that they have NOT made a decision to make lenses for M43 systems.

In other news Hasselblad has announced they with be building cameras with the NEX e-mount to become the second player in the E- mount system market. The first release will be a $6500.00 high-end NEX-7 type body. Should be interesting to see what lenses Hasselblad will release for the E-mount.

Phil Rudin

Yes it is great news Phil. Hoping the 50mm will be good for underwater. Imagine flooding your Hasselbald, yikes! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom