Thursday night July 3rd @ Leo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah camp light good idea.... Tom if you are ever looking for someone to dive with again don't be surprised if I dont jump up to be your buddy... You are a liability and a hazard to you and the people you dive with and I would rather not associate myself with that. I have had these opinions as long as you have been diving with the beach crabs... but kept them SEMI private. You have a lot of nerve putting your lack of common sense on myself or other safe and sane divers.
But if you ever need help putting your BC or weight belt on at 70 fsw again and I happen to be close I will help you out!

That was the worst beach dive exit of my short, illustrious career! I avoided getting tossed like Jeff, Sam and Bryan going in, but coming out I over shot the cove and was fooled by a bunch of teenagers waving lights at me. I thought, "that's great, they're really guiding me in!" As I got close I noticed that the cove was considerably smaller-- but I thought it was due to the rising tide. I got close and then out of nowhere a bit set hit-- I got thrown onto the sand and rolled right into a rock which gashed a nice 8" slice across the lower back portion of my wetsuit! As I gasped for air and desperately crawled out of the surf I called to the other "Crabs" to help me off with my fins. These kids ran down and pulled off my fins for me and I was able to get to my feet and out without further incident-- but it was not pretty! I just wish Jeff & Sam hadn't ditched me! Anybody know a good wetsuit repair place? I imagine the bruised ego will heal by itself...
WOOOOOW there Tom! don't be pointing a finger at me. Never dove with you and never will again. At the car when we all were getting ready and buddying up you said,"hey thought we all were diving as a group tonight. Lets just stay all together." Last thing Jeff and I heard from you before the descent was,"okay lets stay together". Then POOF Tom is gone. Don't ever say I ditched you or anyone, I would never leave a buddy. All the stories I have heard is Tom will ditch you or leave you if you dive with him and Thursday night was proof of that.

This is exactly why I bring a camp lantern for the moonless, or overcast, dark nights. At Deer Creek I use a light stick on the car as a marker to find the stairs. I hope you guys learned a big lesson, that I learned long ago.:wink:

Rick
Yes Rick learned a lesson with the lights. Talked to the Lifeguard on Saturday and he said it is cool to put up a strobe light or latern on the lifeguard tower next time so we know where it is exactly. Just don't burn it down he says. but ya for sure next time a party ball with disco lights and rave sticks all over the beach for the exit hahahaha lol

One more thing.....TOM......YOU NEVER EVER EVER LEAVE YOUR WINGMAN!

Last edited:
Not to get in the middle of this but......... Tom I cant belive you are saying the guys ditched you. How ever i do rember a night dive when it was just me and you and you almost ditched me also. the only reason i did not loose you is because there was good vis. I've dove with both Sam and Jeff Multi times and they have never ditched me matter of fact On the day dive we did before this night dive i fell in the waves and SAM was there to help me up and out of the water. Oh and on the Sat dive JEFF helped me out of the water when i got tangled in all the loose kelp in the surf.

Yeah camp light good idea.... Tom if you are ever looking for someone to dive with again don't be surprised if I dont jump up to be your buddy... You are a liability and a hazard to you and the people you dive with and I would rather not associate myself with that. I have had these opinions as long as you have been diving with the beach crabs... but kept them SEMI private. You have a lot of nerve putting your lack of common sense on myself or other safe and sane divers.
But if you ever need help putting your BC or weight belt on at 70 fsw again and I happen to be close I will help you out!

AMEN to this. I've thought this since the first dive with you i just never had the heart to say any thing but since the cat is out of the bag now you know. Just dont like the idea that you are trying to make two Good dive buddys look like they dont give a crap about their dive partners. Ok enough said from me :)

Commenting from the sidelines...

The term ditched is a bit loaded...it implies it was done on purpose and I very much doubt anyone ditcehd anyone else. Seems to me that the team failed to come together after the entry or on descent. The three went on their way assuming their buddy was solo diving. Solo went off by himself. Not good for anybody boys. Common sense would have called the dive the moment you realized you were seperated. End of story.

Commenting from the sidelines...

The term ditched is a bit loaded...it implies it was done on purpose and I very much doubt anyone ditcehd anyone else. Seems to me that the team failed to come together after the entry or on descent. The three went on their way assuming their buddy was solo diving. Solo went off by himself. Not good for anybody boys. Common sense would have called the dive the moment you realized you were seperated. End of story.

I do agree with that statement to a certain extent... Given the history of tom this is the way he is... I do not think that Tom has EVER started and finished a dive with the same person. Not trying to be a jerk here just stating facts!

Wow, I was joking when I said you guys "ditched me". As soon as we dropped down into the murk and I couldn't see anyone the decision not to surface was mine-- not the right one, but I do take responsibility for it. I forget that tone is tough to decipher in posts, but let me assure you I was not blaming anyone other than myself for my mishaps on that dive. I am very sorry to have upset you guys and I am really trying to stay with my buddies, and become a better & safer diver (Erika & I were able to stay together on a night dive w/ good viz). To that end I am very appreciative of the experience & advice from the Beach Crabs. I like the group and hope that we can continue to dive together; I learned a valuable lesson on the dive and here on the boards and I hope you can forgive my jest.
-Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom