Tiger beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puffling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi

So considering tiger beach next year, looking for recommendations.

Epic diving looks a good option but the hotel they put you in had bad reviews. Also only tiger shark diving, which even I think I'd get fed up of kneeling on the sand every dive, but diving looks the best.

viva wyndham bahamas Hotel offers diving including a shark dive, fairly reasonable price but hotel also has poor reviews but not so bad as epic. Will only let you dive with them of you stay in the hotel

Looked at live aboard option, I can only find blue o two that looks suitable for a couple, but they have no availability for when I can go.

Stuart's cove looked a fab option, but they only do it by private charter for 14k for 3 days, although I'm wondering now if that's for a whole group.

Has anyone any advice, done this?

Give Blue Iguana Charters a look. Small boat, but they will customize a trip for your group.

Let us know if you have any particular concerns with the accommodations we use for our Tiger Beach trips. They are very responsive to us and our guests. The only complaint we've heard so far from our divers was slow restaurant service which is not all that surprising for the Bahamas and has been addressed. Aside from that, the hotel offers modern, fully furnished units that are clean and comfortable. We also offer packages with and without accommodations so you could stay at any hotel of your choosing.

Regarding the diving, we do mix the dive sites throughout the week so that we're not simply kneeling in the sand the whole time. There are beautiful reefs and seagrass beds that we also visit.

Aggressor does it now from the Bahamas Aggressor but read the fine print - they appear to only go there once during the week. Liveaboard Scuba Dive Yachts Vacations & Trips | Aggressor Fleet
I did the Tiger Beach itinerary in May of 2016. While there is a site called Tiger Beach there are lots of other sites nearby that the tigers may show up. We sat at the Tiger Beach site for a few hours over lunch twice and got nothing but a couple little reef sharks and never got in the water there. It literally is nothing but shallow sand so not much to see without the sharks. We finally got them at Shark Paradise and never did any kneeling, just slow cruising around the reef. The key is to get a lot of shark activity with the reef and lemon sharks and they finally will cruise over to check out what is going one.

I cannot recommend that charter highly enough. Beyond the sharks, there are the eagle rays at El Capitan and the fishiest site in the world at the Sugar Wreck. I was just talking to one of my buddies today about doing that again in the next couple of years. It is the only LOB I have done where we never saw dry land all week.

hi

So considering tiger beach next year, looking for recommendations.

Epic diving looks a good option but the hotel they put you in had bad reviews. Also only tiger shark diving, which even I think I'd get fed up of kneeling on the sand every dive, but diving looks the best.

viva wyndham bahamas Hotel offers diving including a shark dive, fairly reasonable price but hotel also has poor reviews but not so bad as epic. Will only let you dive with them of you stay in the hotel

Looked at live aboard option, I can only find blue o two that looks suitable for a couple, but they have no availability for when I can go.

Stuart's cove looked a fab option, but they only do it by private charter for 14k for 3 days, although I'm wondering now if that's for a whole group.

Has anyone any advice, done this?

Back
Top Bottom