Tiger shark tries to bite photographer’s head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not only impressed at how fast the photographer reacted but also that the one taking this video didn't freak out and lose the frame.

I'm not only impressed at how fast the photographer reacted but also that the one taking this video didn't freak out and lose the frame.

Are you kidding? That would be worth a chunk of change right there...

The shark was just trying to show the photographer it's affection and gratitude for choosing it as a model. [emoji6] Their selection of music for this video was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yipe. This is why when a shark's business end is pointed at me at close range I redirect it elsewhere. If a shove doesn't work, at least get the camera up as a shield.

Looks like his mistake was focusing on getting a closeup of the lemons and not paying attention to where the tiger was. Bad move. One of the cardinal rules I learned from shark diving in Jupiter is that if a tiger or bull is around, forget about the other sharks. Tigers have a habit of bumping or nibbling things out of curiosity and they can do serious damage. Lemons are not nearly as mouthy and they don't have the dental arsenal to remove bits.

Overall, good example of what to watch out for.

Free diver. No bubbles to show the tiger thst he wasn't food. :)

Back
Top Bottom