Time for a dinner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Persoanlly I vote for Uno's. Good pizza and a great selection of beer. What more can a guy ask for.

I'm having a dinner this Saturday night up in Cincy at one of the finest Italian restuarants up there @ 8 O'clock. www.nicolasrestaurant.com They have a seperate room just for us. We made reservations about a month ago. Staying at the Holiday Inn.

There are 14 of us. Don't exactly know the capacity of the room. But we are not taking anymore names.

This weekend is booked up..sold out...no more room...

You guys may want to investigate this restaurant and I'll post details of it next week for you.

This is also a great restaurant for wine and they will let you bring your own in for a corkage of course.

Diver Lori:
I live on the Northwest side of Cincy. If you are hoping for attendees from parts North (Dayton and up) you might want to consider the Union Center Exit off I-75. It's about 2 exits beyond the interchange of I-275 and I-75 on the north side of town. I've got a co-worker who lives near there and I'll pick her brain for names of restaurants....but off the top of my head there are several...three of which are Uno's, PF Changs and Ruby Tuesday. I'll pick her brain tomorrow and post again.
Yeah, but you got to remember that these KY people drive probably 1.5 hours just to get to cincy, so having it just south of or at the border somewhere by downtown makes things closer for them, and not so far for us.

There's a few good restaurants down on the river, but I'm not a classy kind of guy and usually feel out of place in joints like the "boathouse" (montgomery inn). It's been a while since I had to scope out places to grub in cincy, but I can get my act together (maybe) if y'all wanna try somethin.

My favorite place to eat downtown is the Barrel House on 12th street. Its not the best of neighborhoods but they have great pizzas, good sandwhichs, and incredible beer. Also they are rarely busy in the early evenins. I can think of a few more places but I don't know if many of them would be willing accomadate our group since I doubt we will have a definite number ahead of time.

So you're suggesting a good sandwich and a shooting? Sounds like a good time! :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

that DiverLori mentioned sounds good to me. Pizza and beer seems like a nice informal kind of get together. With that I vote for Uno's.

Uno's is definitely a better neighborhood. The area aroudn the barrel house isn't that bad. i visit the place from time to time and have had no problems even late at night. However....I am all for Uno's

Frankly, I think Uno's pizza Blows, but that have beer, so that's cool

Shall we set a date and time?

Okay guys, I just got home from our dinner up in Cincy at Nicola's. They have an awesome menu and a room for about 14 people set aside. You can even fire up a cigar in this room if you want. Anyway.... We checked into the hotel in Covington around 6 O'clock. Dinner was at 8. Due to construction on I-75 it took us an hour to get over to downtown Cincy. We were late for dinner...

They have I-75 going from 4 lanes down to 1 lane and no one knows how to merge. We got off on Highway 127 North and took it to the river.

Keep this in mind when you guys go up that way. Maybe have an alternate route just in case.

Of course....they had the lanes closed off but there was NO construction taking place that we could see....Go figure.

Oh yeah...Nicola's is downtown right off of I-71...really handy...free valet parking, etc. etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom