Time for new BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockn4u

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My old scuba pro BC needs to be replaced. I used a Lady Cressi ultra light in HI I really liked.
I am looking for compact BC, packing space and size is important. Want stablity, equal bouancy, easy access to all vents etc. any suggestions?

:) I was wondering how long it'll take.

If you really liked the ultralight, why not just go for it?

I've heard good things about the Zeagle Zena. Not sure if it is a travel BC though.

What size are you?

:) I was wondering how long it'll take.

If you really liked the ultralight, why not just go for it?

OP asked for compact size, stability, equal buoyancy, and easy access to the dumps. You know of anything better than a BP/W that checks all of those boxes? I don't....

OP asked for compact size, stability, equal buoyancy, and easy access to the dumps. You know of anything better than a BP/W that checks all of those boxes? I don't....

Some would argue about stability -- my better half did (and she is always right) -- but that aside, just because it's all true doesn't change the fact that you ask about a BCD here, you get "BP&W" back. The only question is how soon.

Do you know it's almost impossible to find a pic of the DSS system, on a person, complete, on the internet, so you can explain why....
833066938_8_1000x700.jpg

DSCF4969.JPG

The vids show how thin and simple it all is:

Front:
dss_bpw_lcd30_1.jpg

The thing I hated about BCD's was all the clutter and danglies. Things are a mess sometimes compared to a BP/W. Less weight on my belt, maybe even on me. (no foam)

Last edited:
Scubapro Hydros Pro, does everything you need including packing for trips, you can get your BCD regs, pretty much all your kit (even a wet suit with very careful packing) into the carry on bag that comes with the BC.

I have had mine now for around 30+ dives its already been away with me twice.

Plus it looks (and feels) bloody awesome..

Scubapro Hydros Pro, does everything you need including packing for trips, you can get your BCD regs, pretty much all your kit (even a wet suit with very careful packing) into the carry on bag that comes with the BC.

I have had mine now for around 30+ dives its already been away with me twice.

Plus it looks (and feels) bloody awesome..

including draining your wallet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom