Time to give up smoking!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GYANNI

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I really hope that the diving factor will give me additional motivations to quit. The risks and fear of lung cancer, cardiovascular disease, the yuck and the bad breath after a smoke so far weren't strong enough. :nosmoke:

(By the way, where can I find a regulator that allow me to smoke while I'm diving?):)

Worked for me.

Haven't had a smoke in ~6yrs

Just stop, you will not regret it. I am about to hit my 6 week mark smoke free. I'm so proud too. There is plenty of reading regarding the effects of OFF GASSING and smoking. I know I would hate to take a hit and find out it was all cos I smoke.

Just stop, you will not regret it. I am about to hit my 6 week mark smoke free. I'm so proud too. There is plenty of reading regarding the effects of OFF GASSING and smoking. I know I would hate to take a hit and find out it was all cos I smoke.
I can only congratulate with you. 6 weeks is an important mark.

(I quit 24 months, then one night I got stupid again):(

Cold turkey is what works best. Be motivated and be strong. You won't regret it.

(I quit 24 months, then one night I got stupid again):(

You didn't quit you just took a break. :wink:

I quit on December 17. 1988 and it was ONE of the best things I ever did.

In Navy dive training we would light up on a run just to PO the instructors. We learned quickly that when we did that they would run us right back by the school, change instructors and off on another run we would go. Sounds cruel but it was much better running 20 or 30 miles than doing crab walks, frickin leg lifts, or some of the other stuff the aliens invented to try and kill us. That is the only thing I ever found smoking was good for.

But I still like doing the thing before smoking. :D

Gary D.

Greetings from Indiana and a ex-smoker. I believe it takes commitment and resolve to really quit and stay away from it. For me the first two weeks were the worst but what ever you do, don't start chewing tabbaco to quit! It is not logical but I had to start smoking again just to get away from it. The healthy life style diving promotes is one of the greatest benefits. It is so cool it helps encourage and strengthen your resolve. I had good support at home to, so hop to it. Get a support group of diving friends and dive like a maniac! When the ichy / crawlies strike, fight back with fitness; running, carrots, etc. I wish you well it gets better, everyday smoke free is closer! It will blow your mind how much different life is without it. Keep us posted on your progress, CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!:)

I quite a year ago this month it was best thing i ever did and i still want one everyday

Some people put on a few pounds when they quit but you are much better off packing the extra pounds than packing the pack. I had my last one on Dec. 17 and I weighed 180#. I woke up in the morning of the 18 at 200# and that’s where I’ve stayed. :D

Gary D.

my wife payed for certification to be a diver on my 40th birthday. but i was a smoker and in the battle of trying to quit before i got my c-card. funny thing 2years later i showed up to be certified and was still on the fill in the computer. i am new diver and an old ex smoker its been 1yr 6 months

Back
Top Bottom