Tiping in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canucklehead:
You know what they say about winning an argument on the internet....
No... I don't... yet...
But I want to...
Rick :)

Rick Murchison:
No... I don't... yet...
But I want to...
Rick :)
"Winning an arguement on the internet is like beating the Texas Rangers. It proves nothing."

That's not the real one but it's a little more PC than the real one is :).

James Goddard:
"Winning an arguement on the internet is like beating the Texas Rangers. It proves nothing."

That's not the real one but it's a little more PC than the real one is :).

Hey easy on the Texas Rangers. How'd they get involved. :wink:

parrotheaddiver:
Hey easy on the Texas Rangers. How'd they get involved. :wink:
They came up in a random search....someone on Usenet must not be a fan :). Besides using the Cubs would probably start a war...

James Goddard:
BTW, I've been having a string of bad luck lately, it's a pleasnt change to find someone who can discuss and disagree without taking everything personally. Where do I send your tip :wink:?

Q: WHAT DO YOU WANT?
M: Well, I was told outside that...
Q: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!
M: What?
Q: Shut your festering gob, you twit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!
M: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!
Q: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse.
M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it.
Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.
M: Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry.
Q: Not at all.
M: Thank You. (Under his breath) Stupid git!!

Christi - do you think you can chime in on this one? Obviously you're not going to tell us how much your DM's make but what about housekeepers at the hotels? Any idea how much they make? I'm sure it's not much.

In case she doesn't read this post - I once asked on this forum about tipping for a planned trip to Cozumel's Reef Club, for which the trip sponsor advised "Tips included in price." Christi is the lady who suggested tipping maids, for the reasons I've already given, but not tipping the cab drivers.

BTW: That "Tips included in price" is a gimmick the hotels are using to attract business, as the expense of the stuggling workers. People who are normally nice enough to ask, as INTRUDERDIVER did, and others who feel it's usually appropriate, should go ahead and tip the people who do the extras, and skip the ones who don't.

People like James Goddard don't want to tip, and that's their choice and right. There's really no arguement, just different feelings.

:icorolley

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom