Tipping guidelines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like to tip before the trip so I can be the last pick up in the morning :wink:

I think that has more to do with where you are staying relative to the dive site. If they pass by your dock twice, heading north to a pickup and then south to the dive site, you can probably get them to pick you on the second half and drop you off on the first half, but they aren't back-tracking.

What I have noticed on my dive boat is everyone hands the tip to the DM. I have also noticed that it is always the same captain and DM team, so pretty sure they are spliting the tips.
Yeah, generally speaking, that's the system, and admittedly, it usually seems to work. My point was that I've personally witnessed countless examples of it not working, and somebody screwing somebody else out of some (or all) of their tip money, but by applying the smallest amount of effort and comon sense, the tipping customer can often eleviate this issue.
That's all I'm saying. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom