Tipping on Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi.

We are leaving in just under a month for Ecuador and I am so very excited! We are figuring out our final budget and don't really have a sense for what is expected/recommended for tipping if the service is good. What do people recommend?

Thanks!

standard as I've always understood and applied is 10% of the published charter rate (not any discounted rate) is the minimum for good service (for all liveaboards, not just galapagos). Kudos to you for budgeting the tip as part of the overall cost. One of my pet peeves is people who say they "can't afford" to tip well because they saved up all their money for the boat price itself.

Consider more, these panga drivers and DMs have your life in their hands up there at remote Wolf/Darwin

Chris M has it right. We tipped @ 18%. Those guys earned it (especially as I was diving a weight integrated BCD the whole trip). The food/service/smiles/effort of the whole crew makes this a no-brainer. It is truly the diving experience of a lifetime (multiple lifetimes if you get to go back). The Aggressor crew is really a top rate crew. Have a ball!

Back
Top Bottom