Tips and tricks from the old timers(?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leam:
Couple things I don't understand.

Does this mean your weight belt is restricted by your BC? That is, rec diving says to put the weight belt on last and take it off first. It sounds like the lower part of the BC would prevent an easy remove of just the weight belt. On the other hand it sounds like the BC would hold the weight belt in place and prevent the weights from slipping down to your knees. Not that *I* have ever had that happen, of course! It also sounds like this would make it easier to doff and don the BC underwater.

Second, how the heck do you hold the BC on your head; isn't it already attached to the tank? Does this mean I have to start doing neck exercises?

ciao!

leam
Either way the BC doesn't get into the way of my belt. From the car I usually put it on first. From a boat it goes on after the BC.

I've been doing it for so long I don't notice the weight on my head. But when I let go everything falls right into place.

Gary D.

Dean810:
Sometimes my weight belt stays in the car too. Then I get out of the water and go get it! :D

Life's like that, isn't it? I rushed to a pool training session recently with my Club, got changed quickly - and found I had everything but my mask, which was still in the car. How stupid did I look in the car park in a wetsuit and boots?

Gary D.:
Either way the BC doesn't get into the way of my belt. From the car I usually put it on first. From a boat it goes on after the BC.

I've been doing it for so long I don't notice the weight on my head. But when I let go everything falls right into place.

Gary D.

I'll have to work on modifying this a little. I have a Typhoon Ranger Sport dry suit with an unprotected back zipper. That and the wing nuts on my backplate probably won't play well together. :)

I think I'm going to use duct tape on my suspender straps. Left side gets a wide bit of tape, right gets narrow. That way if there is a lighting issue I can feel the difference. Being left handed makes the left "primary/bigger".

Lots of neat ideas brewing...

ciao!

leam

Mike Newman:
Life's like that, isn't it? I rushed to a pool training session recently with my Club, got changed quickly - and found I had everything but my mask, which was still in the car. How stupid did I look in the car park in a wetsuit and boots?

Are you calling me stupid?

Sometimes I'm too lazy to take it off, so I drive home with half of the wetsuite and booties, the only weird thing is when the booties are full of water and you look like a clown that squirts with every step.. :D

SmileMon:
Are you calling me stupid?

Sometimes I'm too lazy to take it off, so I drive home with half of the wetsuite and booties, the only weird thing is when the booties are full of water and you look like a clown that squirts with every step.. :D

Don't you all wish somebody had a camera for situations like this! :D

Jcsgt:
I jumped in once, without my reg in my mouth. I realized it right after I did a giant stride off the back of the boat. That's an awful feeling, knowing you can't stop gravity and simply step back onto the boat.

That's not quite as bad as simply falling off the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom