Tips for Charter Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have read both those books and although they are probably realistic they are very "DRAMA" oriented, and everything is presented in an "EXTREME" manner.

I grew up diving offshore NC wrecks. I have dove dozens upon dozens of them. I dove so many of them I can't even remember most of them. I LOVE charters and my advice is pretty simple. Descend SLOWLY and ascend SLOWLY and plan to have a great dive.

ALWAYS have a plan for finding your way back to the anchor line. I usually run alone the edge of the ship. Don't wander through the middle of piles of wreckage. You will likely get lost if you do.

DO start back around 1300 psi. Of course this will vary depending on depth, nitrogen loading etc.

If the ocean is flat you are in luck. The rough surface is the worst part in my opinion.

Here are some video clips of some boat dives in Florida. The only real difference is shorter boat ride, less current and surge, and smoother surface. They were EXCELLENT dives and LOADS of fun!

ScubaBoard - Photos/Video - Scuba Diving Boynton Beach Florida

Video clip of South Carolina boat. (similar to NC boats)

ScubaBoard - Express Watersports Scuba Boat

More Information:

ScubaBoard - What's it like diving offshore?

Back
Top Bottom